3 days in a row closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 days in a row closed

What is rule, if any, on weight if school is closed Wednesday - Friday and can't practice?? Plainfield, DeKalb, others

weight rule

1 pound (not for each day just 1 pound) and they need to notify the tournament host so all teams can be notified.
    wrestlingfan

Comment

So it’s the 2 pound growth allowance plus 1 pound?

Comment

weight rule

Should be if people notify correctly. Again, this is ONLY if a school in your regional does not have school today...AND notifies the tournament manager of the regional so all schools can be notified.
        wrestlingfan

Comment

Aren't all the regionals really linked together via IHSA state? If 1 3A regional gets a pound then all the 3A regionals should get a pound. Doesn't seem fair that regional A gets an additional pound while regionals B,C & D don't. I want to see every kid in every weight class make the same weight 3 weeks in a row.

Comment

I have been told no additional allowance, even with certain schools in the regional being out all week.

Comment

I emailed Sam Knox and asked about an additional weight allowance like had been done in 2011 for Snowmageddon. His position was to refer the NFHS rule book. The IHSA is the governing body and could provide an additional weight allowance, but would rather defer to the rules book and pretend that these are not abnormal circumstances.

Comment

What good does 1lb do? Just make weight.

Comment

You really emailed the head of the IHSA asking for 1 lb? LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X