X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockford East Regional

9 teams should have 126 wrestlers

76 wrestlers registered

The IHSA needs to find a better way to separate the 4 sectionals. Time to separate by talent.

Originally posted by 40 Reasons View Post

76 wrestlers registered

The IHSA needs to find a better way to separate the 4 sectionals. Time to separate by talent.
    113 and 170 have 3 wrestlers entered.

Comment

76 wrestlers registered

You think they need to separate Sectional talent? or did you mean Regional?

Comment

Class A regional

76 wrestlers registered

Good thing they are going 40/30/30 next year. Our little 9 team Class A regional only has 104 wrestlers registered. Surely this will even out class A regionals with others in the state.
        Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat

Comment

Originally posted by eazymoney View Post
          Good thing they are going 40/30/30 next year. Our little 9 team Class A regional only has 104 wrestlers registered. Surely this will even out class A regionals with others in the state.
          40/30/30 does nothing. They need to go back to two classes. 3 classes was a huge mistake. Go 4 for the duals.

Comment

54 at Fenwick

Comment

40/30/30 does nothing. They need to go back to two classes. 3 classes was a huge mistake. Go 4 for the duals.
              I still think my idea was the best. Only hold 8 regionals with 18-20 teams at each site. The top 6 qualify for the 4 sectionals. One problem is it would have to start on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mencoe View Post
                I still think my idea was the best. Only hold 8 regionals with 18-20 teams at each site. The top 6 qualify for the 4 sectionals. One problem is it would have to start on Friday.

I hadn't thought of this, but I really like this idea.

Comment

One Class system individual = 4 class system Team!!!

Comment

Seems like this is the place to throw out ideas that would probably work but would never get implemented. Here's mine.

Multiple wrestlers per school for each weight class until the bracket is full.

Comment

Iowa way

8-9 teams per regional and top 3 advance. 2 regionals feed into a sectional. 6 wrestlers per weight top 2 make it out but true wrestle back to 2nd. Our way might not be that bad, but this might be a better way to keep some studs split up.
                      Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat

Comment

Originally posted by petersenkid2 View Post
                        Seems like this is the place to throw out ideas that would probably work but would never get implemented. Here's mine.

Multiple wrestlers per school for each weight class until the bracket is full.
                        I like the two wrestlers from a school idea. It is an individual tournament. I don't think the bracket size should be the factor.

I know a particular team with three JV wrestlers that had 25+ wins. One had 2 losses the other two had 1 loss.

My reason for two at a weight is not simply to fill a bracket. Its more about the JV guy having a Varsity opportunity. The opportunity should/could get more kids involved in the sport. I have also seen many Varsity wrestlers, even sectional qualifiers quit because they are pushed to JV the following year.

Comment

Working...
                        X