No announcement yet.

Barrington Sectional Additional Weight Allowance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone notice that 138 has changed on Track? It looks like Wheeling's competitor is out...

Comment

Originally posted by dacohenz View Post
      I weighed 112 as a Senior and made 98 every time. I agree with you about growth allowances and injury defaults, but I don't give a damn or worry about them like you do. Just go out and wrestle and as long as it's legal, don't let the crap bother you.
      I used to work with a guy who did something similar. He said basically, he wouldn’t eat all week. That could not and cannot be healthy for a teenage boy (who generally have this biological urge to grow).

That type of drop would not even be legal now.

So long as everyone is playing by the same rules ...

Comment

Originally posted by southsidehawkeye View Post
        I and we did it every week. Got a pound on the 2nd day.
        Cause our generation weren’t *******.
        We didn’t have a “ growth allowance”
        Scratch weight

Your soft and your teaching people to be soft

We didn’t blow weight. If we did, we were reprimanded.

Was no excuses. If you said you were goin 160 you better make 160 for your team.

So I don’t feel sorry for any wrestlers getting a 2 pound “growth allowance”

Your a wrestler. You signed up for this.

Make the weight and shut the F up.

You’re probably a huge fan of injury defaults too
        Why should you get a pound for second day? Cmon tough guy, be consistent. Make weight all the time, 2nd day shouldn’t matter.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdad View Post
          That type of drop would not even be legal now.
          With all due respect, this is the funniest thing I've read on here. Ever.
          "That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon

Comment

Since you guys completely transformed this thread...

I once read a U of I study or perhaps from U of MI back in the late 90s that referenced how the intense yo-yo dieting of high school wrestlers (and girls with eating disorders) resulted in long-bone growth depletion in the femur, when this kind of dieting happened during those key growth years (14-17.) Makes sense in a way... why so many of us who used to gain and cut 10+ lbs. each week for four years and more all look like human gorillas.. short legs with long torsos?

Comment

Right on Mick! Weight cutting was a joke back then, we used to call it skeleton face when someone was really sucked down. We thought it was funny but there’s nothing funny about it.
              Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

Working...
              X