Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So there is double elimination now at state ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So there is double elimination now at state ?

So I see the schedule is different because now there is double elimination down at state ?

Yep. It's about time and the best change in a while

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrunner1215 View Post
      Yep. It's about time and the best change in a while
      I agree! Give em a chance to still place! And gunna be more good matches in consolation too!

Comment

Such a great change for Illinois wrestling. Some kid is going to lose their first match and run it all the way back for 3rd! Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by gulach View Post
          Such a great change for Illinois wrestling. Some kid is going to lose their first match and run it all the way back for 3rd! Can't wait!
          Should still have walk-overs too.

Comment

Originally posted by dab11 View Post
            Should still have walk-overs too.
            No there shouldn’t. No other tournament ever has walkovers. You lose in the championship bracket, you wrestle again, regardless of opponent. Yes, championship is the ultimate goal. But, you see a ton of character from kids who lose and rebound to run the consolation bracket. This is nothing but a positive change.

Comment

No there shouldn’t. No other tournament ever has walkovers. You lose in the championship bracket, you wrestle again, regardless of opponent. Yes, championship is the ultimate goal. But, you see a ton of character from kids who lose and rebound to run the consolation bracket. This is nothing but a positive change.
              Wait is their walk overs ?

Comment

Walkovers

Originally posted by Leg_Cradle View Post
                Wait is their walk overs ?
                My understanding is that there are no walkovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainefan View Post
                  My understanding is that there are no walkovers.
                  Good glad! No walkovers & double elimination I like it.

Comment

No, there are no walkovers. Some still want that archaic rule to come back. I hope it never does.

Comment

Now seed the sectional the same way as state. Regional champions only with second and third on other side.

Comment

No, there are no walkovers. Some still want that archaic rule to come back. I hope it never does.
                        I compare the idea of no walkovers to a tie breaker in Olympic wrestling of the person who scores last in a tie match, wins. At first that made no sense to me, however it is saying that the later you are in the match or in the tournament, the more credit will be given to your performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainefan View Post
                          I compare the idea of no walkovers to a tie breaker in Olympic wrestling of the person who scores last in a tie match, wins. At first that made no sense to me, however it is saying that the later you are in the match or in the tournament, the more credit will be given to your performance.
                          The way I see it is it's a double elimination tournament. You lose in the championship bracket, you wrestle again. You wrestle until you lose twice, even if you meet the same opponent. It's not double elimination for some. There's no tournament in the regular season that runs that way and I have yet to see any state or national championship that still has that.

Comment

The way I see it is it's a double elimination tournament. You lose in the championship bracket, you wrestle again. You wrestle until you lose twice, even if you meet the same opponent. It's not double elimination for some. There's no tournament in the regular season that runs that way and I have yet to see any state or national championship that still has that.
                            Illinois Freestyle State.

Comment

Originally posted by gulach View Post
                              I agree.
                              Mike Poeta did it two years in a row, 2001, and 2002, and then he won two state championships

Comment

Working...
                              X