Assad Post Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assad Post Match

Assad made a statement in his finals match. After the pin he kept gesturing to the opposing coaching staff. Does anyone know why? Did they make a comment or disrespect him after Sectional?

I couldn't tell the gesture, since he did it pointed away from me, toward Halverson and his coaches. I thought it was directed toward Halverson. But who knows,

Comment

It did not seem directed at the other team to me.
      There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

I was looking at it from the tunnel and it looked like he was pointing at his own staff and then went over and threw his coach. It looked like he was joking as in, you and me coach are going at it now. Seemed like a light hearted joking thing that happens between coaches and wrestlers who have become very close to eachother throughout their 4 year career.
        Last edited by lookleft goright; 02-22-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

After the pin,

Assad took of his head gear dropped it pointed at the Maine South coaches, yelled something, and pointed at the mat. He then pointed at them again.

I gotta think he felt some sort of disrespect after sectionals, but that is my assumption because Abe seems like a really stand up person.

Comment

Originally posted by ModestMouse View Post
            After the pin,

Assad took of his head gear dropped it pointed at the Maine South coaches, yelled something, and pointed at the mat. He then pointed at them again.

I gotta think he felt some sort of disrespect after sectionals, but that is my assumption because Abe seems like a really stand up person.
            Agreed on all points. Abe is definitely a stand up kid. But he also definitely did gesture towards the coaches at Maine South. But the Maine South coach's reaction said a lot too - he didn't get offended or go off - he smiled, clapped, and shrugged his shoulders. To me, it conveyed the "Alright, you got us, well done," kind of message.

My guess is either celebration that Assad took issue with (and again, he's a good kid, so it would have had to be excessive - but I was not at that sectional so I can't say if there even was any) or perhaps a quote in an interview about the match or a rematch at state. Either way, it was a situation where once done, there didn't seem to be any hard feelings from either side.

Comment

Originally posted by lookleft goright View Post
              I was looking at it from the tunnel and it looked like he was pointing at his own staff and then went over and thru his coach. It looked like he was joking as in, you and me coach are going at it now. Seemed like a light hearted joking thing that happens between coaches and wrestlers who have become very close to eachother throughout their 4 year career.
              If you look at the highlight video...it was EXACTLY that. and it's threw, not thru

Comment

Typical glenbard north behavior.
                "Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence"

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Angle View Post
                  Typical glenbard north behavior.
                  what's that? winning and having fun doing it?GOSH DARN YOU GLENBARD NORTH !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ol' man river View Post
                    If you look at the highlight video...it was EXACTLY that. and it's threw, not thru
                    You know why he "threw" his coach don't you? He could not do a popcorn granby. I guess it is a good thing that he knew his limitations.

Comment

Working...
                    X