True Wrestle backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Wrestle backs

It was a long time coming, but I want to send a shout out to Sam Knox, Randy Conrad, and Dan Jones for doing a great job running the first Illinois state tournament with true wrestle backs. The sessions ran smoothly and ahead of schedule. Great work, gentlemen.

Originally posted by PRW View Post
    It was a long time coming, but I want to send a shout out to Sam Knox, Randy Conrad, and Dan Jones for doing a great job running the first Illinois state tournament with true wrestle backs. The sessions ran smoothly and ahead of schedule. Great work, gentlemen.
    Did anyone place that would not have in prior years without the true wrestle backs?
    There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

Originally posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
      Did anyone place that would not have in prior years without the true wrestle backs?
      Without looking. Curran 113 and I remember their was one in 1A also

Comment

Millian 113 in 1A

Comment

Noah Paul, Oregon @ 132lbs 1A

Took third, would have been eliminated in the first round by the old rule.

Comment

Another thread someone spoke of
            160 Schroeder
            and add
            285 Pena

Comment

Total

There were six in AAA, five in AA, and five in A, so sixteen total wrestlers that would have been eliminated that earned medals.

Comment

Originally posted by PRW View Post
                There were six in AAA, five in AA, and five in A, so sixteen total wrestlers that would have been eliminated that earned medals.
                I too would like to acknowledge those who finally brought this about.

That being said, it is really hard to believe that it took this long to implement.
                Last edited by Crystal Clearly; 02-17-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal Clearly View Post
                  I too would like to acknowledge those who finally brought this about.

That being said, it is really hard to believe that it took this long to implement.
                  Yes, definitely proven it was worth it. And with a few dominant teams in 3A becoming more prevalent not less, I think the 3 class system is ok - even though the finals are missing a few more big matches...probably helps a few more Illinois wrestlers get on a college team.
                  There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

Working...
                  X