OW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OW

Who would be the favorite for Outstanding Wrestler?

My vote would have to be Matt Ramos. Tough path to the finals and finally captured the title.

Ragusin had a heck of a weekend also. (Vanervere would have had my vote but came up short. Would have been interesting if he wrestled all season)

Benjimin certainly is in the conversation. Same with Assad & Farrante who pinned or MD their way to titles.

No disrespect meant to any of the others. These are just the ones that stood out to me.

I also have my opinion on the absolute worst wrestler. I will not post his name just that your parents and coaches have failed to teach you sportsmanship. Thankfully you are a senior and your wrestling days are done.

Abe Assad. Pinned his way through. I know he is going to Iowa, but it was very Penn St like of him. Or should I say Bo Nickal like of him ? Not just looking to win, but to pin. Love that.
    Otherwise Ramos.

Comment

Ramos

I was thinking about this yesterday. All of the guys mentioned above were great but i thought Ramos was the most dominant in a tough class. Sotelo deserves a lot of credit for beating the same tough opponent three times in about three weeks.

Comment

All worthy for consideration, I'd like to throw Hamiti's name in the mix, I know he probably didn't have the competition as some of the others mentioned but he is such a technician and a pleasure to watch, I absolutely believe he has a great chance of being a 4 time state champ when all is said and done.

Comment

2A Hamiti

Nah... very good wrestler but heís 2A and his losses this year were too a couple of big talents that didnít make the 3A March. He would have struggled to make Top 5 but I sure would have liked to see him added to that bracket... Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by HuffHall View Post
            All worthy for consideration, I'd like to throw Hamiti's name in the mix, I know he probably didn't have the competition as some of the others mentioned but he is such a technician and a pleasure to watch, I absolutely believe he has a great chance of being a 4 time state champ when all is said and done.
            He took 2nd at Cheesehead heís no joke.

Comment

I think it would be cool if they had an official OW per class. That would be nice. My vote would have gone to Assad being on a mission and pinning through. I think Cassioppi did that last year, but I'd love to know the last time a non-hwt did that.
              www.facebook.com/SouthSideOutlawsWC
              Family Over Everything

Comment

1A Hoselton
                2A Hamiti
                3A Assad

Agreed that it would be a nice addition to the tournament to add in an OW award.

Comment

Originally posted by onyourtoes View Post
                  I think it would be cool if they had an official OW per class. That would be nice. My vote would have gone to Assad being on a mission and pinning through. I think Cassioppi did that last year, but I'd love to know the last time a non-hwt did that.
                  I don’t think in the old A, AA days... I believe, No one in AA ever pinned their way through a bracket.

In now the AAA format I believe Cassioppi was the first to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kona View Post
                    1A Hoselton
                    2A Hamiti
                    3A Assad

Agreed that it would be a nice addition to the tournament to add in an OW award.
                    Luffman gets my vote for 2A

Comment

A lot of good choices, I like the idea of one per class.
                      This year I would have said Assad, he came back with a vengeance in a really tough weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by C.A.Z. View Post
                        Nah... very good wrestler but heís 2A and his losses this year were too a couple of big talents that didnít make the 3A March. He would have struggled to make Top 5 but I sure would have liked to see him added to that bracket... Fun!
                        He lost a 1 pt match to TFM and two close matches to Molton both who are seniors, I hear what you're saying but Hamiti is elite and he's only getting better

Comment

Originally posted by onyourtoes View Post
                          Just the ones I remember:

A: Rich Powers in 1987 at 167. All 1st period pins.
                          1A: Chase Bittle in 2017 at 126. All 1st period pins.

Comment

Originally posted by agdpride View Post
                            Just the ones I remember:

A: Rich Powers in 1987 at 167. All 1st period pins.
                            1A: Chase Bittle in 2017 at 126. All 1st period pins.
                            Very cool. Thanks for the knowledge!
                            www.facebook.com/SouthSideOutlawsWC
                            Family Over Everything

Comment

In 2A I thought Bilal Bailey at 152 from TF North was outstanding.
                              He just dominated a kid in the finals who came in with a 45-0 record.

Comment

Working...
                              X