Indiana State HS Championships/Team Duals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana State HS Championships/Team Duals

Just watched the Indiana State HS championships last night on Fox Sports Midwest...it's going to be replayed again this week if anybody is interested. Unfortunately Indiana decided not to have a state team duals tournament this year and only used the points from the individual tournament to determine a team champion. Too bad, leaves a lot of kids out of the opportunity to wrestle for a state team title unless they qualified for the individual state. Indiana had a great fan turnout with over 31,000 fans attending all three sessions.

For all the complaints about IL wrestling, at least they still have the team competition. (Although I still consider wrestling mainly to be an individual sport, I am not sure when it started but I didn't know it existed until Illinoismatmen.com)
    There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

Originally posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
      For all the complaints about IL wrestling, at least they still have the team competition. (Although I still consider wrestling mainly to be an individual sport, I am not sure when it started but I didn't know it existed until Illinoismatmen.com)
      Indiana dual state is earlier in the year

Comment

Originally posted by will-I-am View Post
        Indiana dual state is earlier in the year
        OK, thanks for the update. My understanding is the IHSAA has discontinued the dual team championships this year. I know they mentioned it on the TV broadcast of the individual finals last week. Hopefully I'm wrong...

Comment

Working...
        X