Castleberry Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castleberry Match

After reading several posts about the poor officiating in this match i finally pulled it up from Track and all i can say is WOW! The official CLEARLY had an agenda and wasn't even shy about it. I can understand why the kid lost his cool at the end, he knew it was an unprofessioal hit job.

Can't say i'm surprised with that ref however. I've seen him make outrageous ego calls over the years. He actually is capable of being a very good official, the issue is he has a masssive ego and is extremely unproffesional in carying it out against kids.

I witnessed a match this year where a kid was clearly stalling had been outshot 10-0 and backing up. The crowd was yelling stalling as crowds will do, he looked over and called stalling on the other guy gave the crowd an FU look and smiled about it after the match. Guy needs an attitude adjustment, no place for his petty **** in this sport.

Originally posted by HandControl View Post
    After reading several posts about the poor officiating in this match i finally pulled it up from Track and all i can say is WOW! The official CLEARLY had an agenda and wasn't even shy about it. I can understand why the kid lost his cool at the end, he knew it was an unprofessioal hit job.

Can't say i'm surprised with that ref however. I've seen him make outrageous ego calls over the years. He actually is capable of being a very good official, the issue is he has a masssive ego and is extremely unproffesional in carying it out against kids.

I witnessed a match this year where a kid was clearly stalling had been outshot 10-0 and backing up. The crowd was yelling stalling as crowds will do, he looked over and called stalling on the other guy gave the crowd an FU look and smiled about it after the match. Guy needs an attitude adjustment, no place for his petty **** in this sport.

Get mad at official all you want but the way the kid reacted was inexcusable. He probably should have been DQ with 20 seconds left when he flipped the by standing up with is leg after they went out of bounds. After the re-start he threw multiple punches, that's when he finally got hit with the DQ. Was the other kid stalling? Does it matter? The score was like 10-1 you flip a kid after the whistle, then throw a punch that's on the kid. All because your mad at ref? Anyone who was close to the Dad freaking out knows where the sportsmanship comes from.

Comment

Reposting for the third time.

I rewatched thanks to the great tip on 123456. I originally thought there was some interesting/bad calls, but the video doesn't lie. Did we watch the same match? On two occasions the ref chose to call a stall instead of fleeing the mat. I can see where he makes that call, but I'd have called a flee on both (same amount of points would be awarded). On the push out when Castleberry is on top, he lifts him, walks off the mat then returns. Pretty straight forward. On the 2nd one I'd have called a flee he gets slidby and is about to give up a takedown. Instead of circling out to avoid the takedown he backed straight off the mat.

I wasn't down there, but the only call I'm still not sure on is the takedown. There is a cradle locked up and Castleberry is on his hip. That does meet the criteria even if the ref was slow to award it.

The hardest part of this match for me to believe is that Castleberry wasn't given a flagrant misconduct for punching a kid and instead was just DQ'd out of the match and not the tournament.

Comment

Watch the last minute of his cons. quarter and see if you have any pity for the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by BDrag View Post
          Reposting for the third time.

I rewatched thanks to the great tip on 123456. I originally thought there was some interesting/bad calls, but the video doesn't lie. Did we watch the same match? On two occasions the ref chose to call a stall instead of fleeing the mat. I can see where he makes that call, but I'd have called a flee on both (same amount of points would be awarded). On the push out when Castleberry is on top, he lifts him, walks off the mat then returns. Pretty straight forward. On the 2nd one I'd have called a flee he gets slidby and is about to give up a takedown. Instead of circling out to avoid the takedown he backed straight off the mat.

I wasn't down there, but the only call I'm still not sure on is the takedown. There is a cradle locked up and Castleberry is on his hip. That does meet the criteria even if the ref was slow to award it.

The hardest part of this match for me to believe is that Castleberry wasn't given a flagrant misconduct for punching a kid and instead was just DQ'd out of the match and not the tournament.

No, as a ref you should understand that one kid has taken shots the entire match and the other has not. And you take that into consideration when you have the judgement calls of fleeing and stalling. The ref clearly had an agenda and chose to check each item as the match went on. When we review the videos, rules and changes in clinic next year, I'm sure this moron will be up and live for discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Grapple20 View Post
            No, as a ref you should understand that one kid has taken shots the entire match and the other has not. And you take that into consideration when you have the judgement calls of fleeing and stalling. The ref clearly had an agenda and chose to check each item as the match went on. When we review the videos, rules and changes in clinic next year, I'm sure this moron will be up and live for discussion.
            So on both occasions where he got a stall that could have been a flee, the ref should have just said... oh he shot a bunch so there's nothing to see here?

Comment

The ref screwed him out of 10 points?

Comment

video

Can anyone post a link to the match?

Comment

Are you really blaming the official for a kid throwing haymakers at the end of the match? This is ridiculous. He lost 10-1 and had a hissy fit. He's a kid, kids do dumb things. I'm ok with that, but I am not ok with an adult justifying a kid throwing punches because of a bad call or 2.

If that was my kid he would be writing his opponent, the opposing coach and the official a letter apologizing for his actions. At no time would I make an excuse for my kid to act like that on the mat.

Comment

Originally posted by GETOFFYOURHIP View Post
                    Are you really blaming the official for a kid throwing haymakers at the end of the match? This is ridiculous. He lost 10-1 and had a hissy fit. He's a kid, kids do dumb things. I'm ok with that, but I am not ok with an adult justifying a kid throwing punches because of a bad call or 2.

If that was my kid he would be writing his opponent, the opposing coach and the official a letter apologizing for his actions. At no time would I make an excuse for my kid to act like that on the mat.
                    I should have been clear on that. I absolutely do not condone the kid throwing a punch. I can understand the kid being upset, however throwing a punch is not ok.

Comment

Why is this even a discussion? Kid threw punches end of story. Probably lucky the Lockport kid kept his cool. Cause i don't think the other kid really would have wanted that smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by A boyz 3 View Post
                        Why is this even a discussion? Kid threw punches end of story. Probably lucky the Lockport kid kept his cool. Cause i don't think the other kid really would have wanted that smoke.
                        stop
                        being
                        a
                        dick

Comment

Working...
                        X