No announcement yet.

Frosh/soph state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are twp pages to the flyer. The second page is labeled girls' and says scratch weight. The first page gives weights and says there is a 3 lb allowance the entire time. Last week, my son freshmen at 195 said he and coach said he should go 185.

Comment

The flyer said 3lbs

Comment

It is my understanding that kids that wrestled at the duals can join in at sectionals, which is fine. However, I am looking at the registration for my kids sectionals this week and I see one of the schools in entering freshman and sophomore‘s that did not wrestle at duals without qualifying at regionals. Is this within the rules?

Comment

Originally posted by kmc View Post
          It is my understanding that kids that wrestled at the duals can join in at sectionals, which is fine. However, I am looking at the registration for my kids sectionals this week and I see one of the schools in entering freshman and sophomore‘s that did not wrestle at duals without qualifying at regionals. Is this within the rules?
          If thier Varsity team wrestled in the duals, they are allowed to enter at Sectionals (As long as they pay the fee). So even if the individual did not wrestle the duals and his varsity team did, he can start at the sectional.

Comment

The idea behind allowing teams into sectionals is because the association does not want to discourage or interfere with the IHSA. So the whole team is given a pass whether they wrestled or not. After all, it is an honor to make it to team state and we should encourage ALL wrestlers to support their school and make the young ones hungry to make it happen again next year.
            Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

Great, thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by CoachV View Post
                If thier Varsity team wrestled in the duals, they are allowed to enter at Sectionals (As long as they pay the fee). So even if the individual did not wrestle the duals and his varsity team did, he can start at the sectional.
                Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
                The idea behind allowing teams into sectionals is because the association does not want to discourage or interfere with the IHSA. So the whole team is given a pass whether they wrestled or not. After all, it is an honor to make it to team state and we should encourage ALL wrestlers to support their school and make the young ones hungry to make it happen again next year.
                One other reason is the IHSA definition of a "season". Per the by-laws, a season concludes for both varsity and non-varsity athletes on the day of the last competition for a school's team. The kids who attend schools that made the dual team quarters technically didn't have their season end until last Saturday.

Since you can't participate in outside competition during the season, either those kids are excluded completely or you let them in the next week. It would also be unfair to make the kids whose regionals happen to be Sunday to compete at regionals while others in the same position did not.

Comment

Great points. I just want everyone wrestling! LOL believe me, you should’ve seen everyone’s look in our sectional when Oakpark walked in when they were on their run of like three titles! Bottom line is, top four or three are going downstate

Comment

Here is a secret that I kept from the time it moved from Eastern Southern and then Saint Xavier in Chicago and ultimately to Springfield. There was a place called kicks on 66. All you can eat buffet pizza chicken and the kids have weighed in for the last time. Go carts laser tag and a ton of arcade games. I only told a couple coaches and it was right next-door to that all you can eat place with steak and shrimp and stuff. The kids had a blast!

I just googled it and it is gone. But seriously, it is in the middle of the state attracting all three classes, watch some single A kids surpris the heck out of people! Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                    X