Records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Records?

Aurora Christian Vandalia Coal City and Montini all entered rosters of every wrestler being 0-0 it does not take much time or effort to enter records for your team. Not a huge deal, just no reason not to have records
    Last edited by allpowerfuloz; 02-23-2019, 04:32 PM.

Who cares about the record. With bumping up weights and cutting weights it's all about matchups in a dual meet. It's not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by allpowerfuloz View Post
      Aurora Christian Vandalia Coal City and Montini all entered rosters of every wrestler being 0-0 it does not take much time or effort to enter records for your team. Not a huge deal, just no reason not to have records
      Obviously a big deal to you but nobody else.

Comment

This morning I noticed one team had 16 of their roster wrestlers listed at 106. Along with the "no records"

A bit unprofessional. Iv never seen other sports leave out things the fans expect to see. Is it a big deal? Not really, but I wasn't on that roster or affiliated with that team.
        Last edited by Mencoe; 02-23-2019, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Nothing but gamesmanship.

Comment

As a fan, I want to follow who is good and what appears to be an upset etc. I like to know who placed in state so I can watch the matches of a 3rd vs 5th place finisher etc. I know there were some matches where a guy beat a guy who he lost to at the individual tourney. I kind of think it is a big deal for the die hard fans who were there and it would be nice if should make the effort to make the tourney more enjoyable and also help inform the fans.
            I know the coaches have a lot on their plate, but this is just my preference as a fan. I had no idea who was on the 1A mats, but I am sure there were some good match ups that I would have wanted to watch. I love the enthusiasm of the 1A kids, but I am not familiar with them and had no way of knowing who was who.

Comment

Even people like me, who is been out of the game so long I don’t know a lot of the wrestlers to me it will be exciting to see if a kid with a losing record stays off his back against someone with only two losses or better yet a huge upset
              Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!

Comment

If you go to the team information on the IHSA State series web page, the team roster and records are there. At least they were for 3A schools that I viewed. However, records aren't the same since the schools might not face the same competition.

Comment

Said every kids record on dashboard during match

Comment

Originally posted by will-I-am View Post
                    Said every kids record on dashboard during match
                    not quite true as some teams, ( or at least A team) reported 0-0 records

Comment

Laziness...
                      "Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence"

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Angle View Post
                        Laziness...
                        Too busy practicing.
                        "That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon

Comment

As a coach I think it is important to give the fans the information they want. It isn't that hard to have the information made available. I'm not going to blame the coaches without all the facts, but as a sport we need to step it up. This would never happen in basketball. (ie. no stats listed for some teams)

Comment

Originally posted by eagle View Post
                            As a coach I think it is important to give the fans the information they want. It isn't that hard to have the information made available. I'm not going to blame the coaches without all the facts, but as a sport we need to step it up. This would never happen in basketball. (ie. no stats listed for some teams)
                            I agree.
                            There is a lot of discussion about lack of attendance, lack of participation in the sport. Making the sport as fan friendly as possible is a good first step.

Comment

Just the Facts

Again I do not have all of the information as to why certain schools didn't submit records for the dual team state tournament. But it is very true that wrestling is often times it's own worst enemy.

We cry and complain about "2nd class treatment" and not having our state tournaments on TV and such, but in reality do we always project a first class image for our sport? Many times I see coaches wearing sweats at tournaments and meets, records and roster information omissions aren't tolerated in other sports, and do wrestling coaches take the time to converse with the media to promote their programs? When I have complained to several reporters about coverage in newspapers, I was told numerous times that wrestling coaches are the worst at calling in results, and promoting their programs and athletes. Obviously some coaches do a great job at these things, but as a whole we fall way short.

It is amazing how with many wrestling coaches across the state, it will be like pulling teeth to get them to vote on end of season awards, nominate wrestlers or coaches for the Hall of Fame, or even join and support the IWCOA, and organization that has supported wrestling coaches, officials and wrestlers across the entire state of Illinois for decades. We could do a lot more to make our sport better in these areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X