Fresh/Soph coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predictions View Post
    Did you know that Illinois Law prevents all persons from falling asleep in “cheese shops”? Google it.

I think I speak for many on this forum when supporting the promotion of Illinois wrestling. Head or assistant coach, let the kids be motivated and encouraged by whom they are familiar with. It will increase participation in Illinois Wrestling.

It’s people like you crying foul who bring down our participant numbers by recommending ridiculous rules (or attempting to enforce them).

You may want to google, “Cheese and its relation to infectious disease.” But I digress. I read your post to suggest that head coaches and assistant coaches should be able to continue coaching after season because they are the ones that are familiar with the kids and who motivate and encourage the kids. No?

What about the kid that asked his best friend, an upper classmate from another school (I know, God forbid) and an old teammate, to come to Fresh/Soph state on Sunday to coach him, only to be told by his high school coach to get that kid out of the chair. I sh*t you not. To them I’d say “Head or assistant coach, your season is over. Let the kids be motivated and encouraged by whom they are familiar with. It will increase participation in Illinois wrestling." Or maybe the kid should have just said, “Coach, quit breathing on my cheese.” LOL The irony is, this is the first year in this kid’s life that he is talking about quitting wrestling because it is no fun anymore.

While I’m on here, here’s another “ridiculous” one to file away with the Illinois cheese house laws. BYLAW 2.090 SEASON LIMITATION IN ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES. No school …..shall organize its teams, practice, scrimmage or participate in any interscholastic sport outside of the season limitations ….. nor shall any person who coaches any sport at a member school, coach or supervise a non-school team in any interscholastic sport composed of students from that school, except within the guidelines promulgated by the IHSA Board of Directors.

Good luck to all of the freshmen and JV wrestlers continuing on this week. And good luck to Steve’s dad who, no doubt, will once again continue to hold his own coaching against the professionals and NCAA All-Americans. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Predictions View Post
      Did you know that Illinois Law prevents all persons from falling asleep in “cheese shops”? Google it.

I think I speak for many on this forum when supporting the promotion of Illinois wrestling. Head or assistant coach, let the kids be motivated and encouraged by whom they are familiar with. It will increase participation in Illinois Wrestling.

It’s people like you crying foul who bring down our participant numbers by recommending ridiculous rules (or attempting to enforce them).
      Actually if you could fully read and follow the thread I was defending coaching at Frosh/Soph as people were claiming that was illegal.

Yet everyone ignores Freestyle/Greco clubs as that is no biggie.

Then someone said it was legal, so I wanted to point out it is actually illegal. But like I said no one has done anything ever about it so who cares.

Comment

Does the IHSA consider freestyle and greco-roman as interscholatic sports?

Comment

Originally posted by CONDOR View Post
          Well it is “wrestling”

Also look at the next several points where it discusses clinics and camps, where the term “interscholastic” does not come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by CONDOR View Post
            Not sure. This thread is getting confusing. We need a 3A forum, a FS/G forum and a cheese forum.

Comment

Working...
            X