Beat the Streets at OPRF Saturday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat the Streets at OPRF Saturday.

A loaded field of teams at OPRF Saturday, 10a. I will be on the broadcast along with Rob Sherrill.
    sigpic

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Originally posted by mckbln View Post
    A loaded field of teams at OPRF Saturday, 10a. I will be on the broadcast along with Rob Sherrill.
    Will u be singing the national anthem?

Comment

Can you please post the schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by will-I-am View Post
        Will u be singing the national anthem?
        (With a British accent???)

Comment

Links About BTS Brawl

I don't know the matchups, but here is the direct link to BTS Brawl 2020 on TrackWrestling. I assume more information would be added as we approach Saturday. All 8 participating teams are listed.

2020 BTS Brawl @ OPRF on TW | Also, Event Tickets and Info on NitroTickets
          Webmaster | OPRF Wrestling | O.&.B.W.C. | FORUM RULES

Comment

Originally posted by GETOFFYOURHIP View Post
            Can you please post the schedule?
            starts at 10. oprf gets montini, broken arrow and liberty in that order. montini gets oprf, liberty and broken arrow.

winner of that pool gets winner of lake highland prep, tuttle, Bergen catholic and fort dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by opinionated View Post
              starts at 10. oprf gets montini, broken arrow and liberty in that order. montini gets oprf, liberty and broken arrow.

winner of that pool gets winner of lake highland prep, tuttle, Bergen catholic and fort dodge.
              I believe an event where results determine the teams next opponent is technically a tournament

Comment

Their flyer even calls it a "Premier High school tournament"

Comment

i checked the post i saw. it shows the 4th rd. as tbd. i didn't see the flyer calling it a tournament. id guess if the 4th rd. didn't get wrestled it would just be a quad like it says on the oprf schedule. either that or possibly skip ccl. it's a real good cause. you would hate to think its anything nefarious.

Comment

Itís a great cause but how does this not count as a 4th tournament? It shows team placements on track wrestling. How are some teams able to wrestle what they want and others have to follow IHSA rules ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotdog25 View Post
                      Itís a great cause but how does this not count as a 4th tournament? It shows team placements on track wrestling. How are some teams able to wrestle what they want and others have to follow IHSA rules ?

I don't think those are team placements. Looks to me like an Alphabetical listing of the teams. Yes they have then 1 Bergen, 2 Broken Arrow, 3 Fort Dodge..., but that seems logical to list them with a number. Also, per the IHSA rules, teams can wrestle 4 tournaments. BTS was not considered a tourney last year.

Comment

Originally posted by No BS fan View Post
                        Their flyer even calls it a "Premier High school tournament"
                        I think the PR person on the info section got carried away. The format seems like a dual and should be labeled Super Duals?

From the FAQ on OPRF web site...

What is the difference between a dual meet and a tournament?

A dual meet is a competition between two teams. It is similar to a football game or a basketball game. In a dual meet, each team sends one wrestler to compete in every weight class. For example, Team A will send one 106 pound wrestler to compete against Team B's 106 pound wrestler. The winner of the match will score team points for his team. Only the team points that are gained as a result of a match are used to determine which team wins a dual meet. In Varsity, there are 14 weight classes, so there will be 14 matches. However, a team has the right to Forfeit a weight for any reason, so there may be less than 14 matches that are actually wrestled. For more information about how dual meets are scored, click here.

A tournament is a competition between many teams. Each team submits up to 14 wrestlers (one per weight class) to wrestle against wrestlers in their same weight class. On rare occasion, the tournament host school may also submit more than 14 wrestlers, or they may submit more than one wrestler per weight class. In this case, the non-standard wrestlers will be non-scoring wrestlers, or they will only score for their separate squad (for example, the host school may also have a Junior Varsity squad wrestle in the tournament, as well). Wrestlers compete to win their weight bracket. With victories, wrestlers earn points for their team. However, there is a different scoring system in tournaments than there is for dual meets. For more information about how tournaments are scored, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by scott8303 View Post
                          I think the PR person on the info section got carried away. The format seems like a dual and should be labeled Super Duals?

From the FAQ on OPRF web site...

What is the difference between a dual meet and a tournament?

A dual meet is a competition between two teams. It is similar to a football game or a basketball game. In a dual meet, each team sends one wrestler to compete in every weight class. For example, Team A will send one 106 pound wrestler to compete against Team B's 106 pound wrestler. The winner of the match will score team points for his team. Only the team points that are gained as a result of a match are used to determine which team wins a dual meet. In Varsity, there are 14 weight classes, so there will be 14 matches. However, a team has the right to Forfeit a weight for any reason, so there may be less than 14 matches that are actually wrestled. For more information about how dual meets are scored, click here.

A tournament is a competition between many teams. Each team submits up to 14 wrestlers (one per weight class) to wrestle against wrestlers in their same weight class. On rare occasion, the tournament host school may also submit more than 14 wrestlers, or they may submit more than one wrestler per weight class. In this case, the non-standard wrestlers will be non-scoring wrestlers, or they will only score for their separate squad (for example, the host school may also have a Junior Varsity squad wrestle in the tournament, as well). Wrestlers compete to win their weight bracket. With victories, wrestlers earn points for their team. However, there is a different scoring system in tournaments than there is for dual meets. For more information about how tournaments are scored, click here.
                          If the next round of duals is determined by how the first round goes then it is a tournament. If the schedule is pre made then it is a super dual. There's a difference.

Comment

Awards must be handed out for it to qualify as a tournament.

Comment

Doesn't IHSA have rules against high schools funding youth teams?

Comment

Working...
                              X