Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Izzy Resigns

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Izzy Resigns

    Facebook post on my feed (fake news planted by Russians?)

    "8x State Champion and Hall of Fame wrestling coach Israel "Izzy" Martinez has resigned as the head coach of Montini Catholic High School. Montini is currently seeking a replacement".
    https://www.illinoisad.org/page/3762

    Honestly do not know the whole story.
    Izzy is a dynamic individual that could also be somewhat polarizing at times. My observation is that his kids would run through walls for him.
    I view this as a sad day for wrestling in Illinois

    Lauden
    Last edited by lauden swain; 03-11-2020, 02:03 PM.
    "It's not the six minutes, it's what happens in those six minutes"

  • #2
    Originally posted by lauden swain View Post
    Facebook post on my feed (fake news planted by Russians?)

    "8x State Champion and Hall of Fame wrestling coach Israel "Izzy" Martinez has resigned as the head coach of Montini Catholic High School. Montini is currently seeking a replacement".
    https://www.illinoisad.org/page/3762

    Honestly do not know the whole story.
    Izzy is a dynamic individual that could also be somewhat polarizing at times. My observation is that his kids would run through walls for him.
    I view this as a sad day for wrestling in Illinois

    Lauden
    Sad day, indeed. Izzy will be missed greatly here at Bronco Nation.
    You're the disease and I'm the cure, Cobra Corps
    YNEOW

    Comment


    • #3
      Izzy resigns

      Izzy didnt need Montini, but they need him. Good luck wherever you go Israel. You will always be a champ!

      Comment


      • #4
        It is a sad day for Illinois wrestling; Izzy will be greatly missed.
        sigpic


        "On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

        Comment


        • #5
          Not only.a terrible day.for Bronco nation and Illinois But nationwide wrestling. He brought his teams to the top tournaments making them even stronger. It will be a daunting challenge for his replacement.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by maddog81 View Post
            Not only.a terrible day.for Bronco nation and Illinois But nationwide wrestling. He brought his teams to the top tournaments making them even stronger. It will be a daunting challenge for his replacement.
            Hello.....is this you?? This is me..........

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by maddog81 View Post
              Not only.a terrible day.for Bronco nation and Illinois But nationwide wrestling. He brought his teams to the top tournaments making them even stronger. It will be a daunting challenge for his replacement.
              I think Nathan Dogg would be an excellent replacement. Most definitely will show his little brother a thing or two about coaching.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by maddog81 View Post
                Not only.a terrible day.for Bronco nation and Illinois But nationwide wrestling. He brought his teams to the top tournaments making them even stronger. It will be a daunting challenge for his replacement.
                The same was said when Izzy replaced Bu

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MR TWISTER View Post
                  The same was said when Izzy replaced Bu
                  What? No it wasnt. That was a succession plan. This isn't like that at all.
                  www.facebook.com/SouthSideOutlawsWC
                  Family Over Everything

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Juan Epstein View Post
                    I think Nathan Dogg would be an excellent replacement. Most definitely will show his little brother a thing or two about coaching.
                    ROFLMAO....ok man.

                    Besides, Nate Dogg seems to be settlling in over at IC
                    www.facebook.com/SouthSideOutlawsWC
                    Family Over Everything

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have to think Izzy will go somewhere else and coach. I doubt he is done.
                      I had to laugh at the original post
                      Izzy ...... COULD ALSO BE SOMEWHAT POLARIZING. Now that is an understatement. It will be interesting to see where he ends up and what happens with Montini.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MR TWISTER View Post
                        The same was said when Izzy replaced Bu
                        Is that true though, Twist? Izzy was already a household name over in Bronco Nation.
                        You're the disease and I'm the cure, Cobra Corps
                        YNEOW

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by onyourtoes View Post
                          What? No it wasnt. That was a succession plan. This isn't like that at all.
                          Many did not think he would make it through the first year. Plan or not. I did his first two interviews and had I not edited them he might of been canned. But he made it 8 years so he showed them. Best of luck to Izzy. He will return. If he wants to.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MR TWISTER View Post
                            Many did not think he would make it through the first year. Plan or not. I did his first two interviews and had I not edited them he might of been canned. But he made it 8 years so he showed them. Best of luck to Izzy. He will return. If he wants to.
                            Journalism!
                            Attention Campers, lunch has been cancelled due to lack of hustle. Deal with it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Juan Epstein View Post
                              I think Nathan Dogg would be an excellent replacement. Most definitely will show his little brother a thing or two about coaching.
                              Montini wouldn’t make the same mistake twice. Besides, they probably wouldn’t hire him because he’s not a practicing Catholic! 😂

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X