Novice and Senior Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice and Senior Predictions

Who are some of favorites and kids to watch at the state series and what teams wins Novice and Senior?

Novice 60,64,69,74,80,86,93,100,108,116,125,138,154,178 and 215.

Senior 70,74,79,84,90,96,103,110,118,126,135,144,154,164,176, 188,215 and 275.

W/o knowing who is either going ik, ie, or neither.. IL speculate who imo are the 1s who win or at least front runners to place high at state.

Senior title I say goes to either Harvey Twisters or LW.

Novice title is wide open

For individuals to name a few but may be off on weights...

NOVICE
    64- Noonan-bb, Babcock-st Charles, Janick-nwo
    69- Rice-st charles, Hatchell-ss outlaws
    80-Woody-edwardsville, Foster-callen
    86-Ruscitti-Arlington, Speck-tj trained, Schultz-callen
    93-arnett-LW, swartz-storm, mcclure-st Charles
    100-arnett-Lw (if doesnt go 93)

SENIOR
    70 & 74-depends who bumps up from novice
    79 or 84-turner-Twisters
    ​96-munaretto-teu
    103-cassioppi-hononegah, luif team elite
    108-wardlow-twisters, medlin-super soldiers-cassioppi-hononegah
    ​118-stewart-Fitz,, Camacho-bb
    126-sendele-hononegah, hawkins-jr broncos
    135-stewart-teu
    hwt-calcutt-teu

I'm sure theres several on here going different weights or may not go but 1s I believe win or make finals. Will add more names to weights in upcoming weeks.

Comment

Novice
      60 Grady Glowacki
      69 Jake Munsterman , MJ Rundell
      74 Jaden Washington, Colton Wyller, Finn McDermott
      108 Dawson Mack Bolingbrook, Tommy Banas Demolition, Tyler Lachtenberg

Senior
      90 Nick Garcia, Chaz Robinson
      103 Jason Hampton
      126 Jimmy Mastny

Comment

Is there any truth to the rumor that a certain club on the southside will remove any wrestler that is choosing to go IE instead of IK? This would alter the favorites listed in some of these lists above.

Comment

This just in……..hot off the press out of the Lincoln Way camp……Arnett will go 100 for the state series. How will this change the dynamic of everyone’s predictions?!

Comment

That definitely blows up the Novice bracket as Arnett will be by far the heavy favorite at 100.

It will be interesting to see how many kids that were planning on going 100 will be in the sauna or running to the next weight class up.

Any new predictions at other weights?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider View Post
              That definitely blows up the Novice bracket as Arnett will be by far the heavy favorite at 100.

It will be interesting to see how many kids that were planning on going 100 will be in the sauna or running to the next weight class up.

Any new predictions at other weights?
              I’m going to guess that there will be tumbleweeds rolling across Arnett’s mat at regionals and the 93/108 brackets will be standing room only…..

Comment

With Sandwich Cooper Corder deciding to go IK instead of IE at 108 where do all the 100's run to? Heavily favored Corder at 108 and Arnett at 100 pick your poison.

Any other Novice and Senior predictions?

Waughtel down south is as tough as they come.

Woody will be odds on favorite at 80.

Comment

Waughtel I thought was IE. He's very solid at whatever weight he goes. Cooper corder is solid but I believe he's a senior. If so, 103 & 110 are the weights at seniors. Both those weight classes are very deep imo. I had arnett as odds on favorite winning 93 novice. If he goes 100, that opens the door for several kids to win/place at novice 93. Swartz & Mcclure imo would be front runners if Arnett goes up to 100lb. For sectionals, if Arnett goes 100, LW very likely gets 3 kids through at 93 novice assuming my speculation of which kids go 93.

Hopefully regional assignments are made for all sectionals soon. I seen west sectional was completed. Series begins in <20 days. Hopefully assignments are done this week.

Comment

Janick novice 60lb
                    Hatchell novice 64lb
                    Speck novice 80lb

Castleberry senior 84lb

Saying Cooper Corder is the HEAVY favorite at any weight is a stretch. There are over a dozen seniors between 96, 103, 110 that Corder wouldn’t touch. Both Nardin and Randle beat him at Joe Tholl.

Saying Arnett is the HEAVY favorite to win Novice 100. I am not sure he is even the favorite at his sectionals at 100. One kid I assumed was going 108 looks like he is competing at 100. If so he is the favorite to win 100.

That sectionals isn’t the only sectionals a few solid novice 100 kids either. Few kids up north are going to surprise a lot of people at 93 and 100.

Comment

Originally posted by TakeYouDown View Post
                      Janick novice 60lb
                      Hatchell novice 64lb
                      Speck novice 80lb

Castleberry senior 84lb

Saying Cooper Corder is the HEAVY favorite at any weight is a stretch. There are over a dozen seniors between 96, 103, 110 that Corder wouldn’t touch. Both Nardin and Randle beat him at Joe Tholl.

Saying Arnett is the HEAVY favorite to win Novice 100. I am not sure he is even the favorite at his sectionals at 100. One kid I assumed was going 108 looks like he is competing at 100. If so he is the favorite to win 100.

That sectionals isn’t the only sectionals a few solid novice 100 kids either. Few kids up north are going to surprise a lot of people at 93 and 100.
                      my money says arnett goes 93lb but he can go 100 & win because i think 1 of the other kids assumed to be going 100 out that sectional is going down to 86lb cuz can use call in weights and that seems to be the norm this year

Comment

Janick novice 60lb
                        Hatchell novice 64lb
                        Speck novice 80lb

Castleberry senior 84lb

If thats what some of these kids are really going...Holy weight cutting! stunting growth to chase youth titles....

Comment

Is there any truth to the rumor that a certain club on the southside will remove any wrestler that is choosing to go IE instead of IK? This would alter the favorites listed in some of these lists above.

About Novice and Senior Predictions

Several programs do this. It is also reversed. It isn’t just the clubs, the schools take away the choice too. My son would have done both up until post season if both programs would have allowed it. Unfortunately, the middle school wouldn’t allow it and he has gone IK all season.

Comment

About Novice and Senior Predictions

Several programs do this. It is also reversed. It isn’t just the clubs, the schools take away the choice too. My son would have done both up until post season if both programs would have allowed it. Unfortunately, the middle school wouldn’t allow it and he has gone IK all season.

Comment

Who are some of favorites and kids to watch at the state series and what teams wins Novice and Senior?

Novice 60,64,69,74,80,86,93,100,108,116,125,138,154,178 and 215.

Senior 70,74,79,84,90,96,103,110,118,126,135,144,154,164,176, 188,215 and 275.
                              I may be off on weights but here are my predictions at every weight to win. If wrong on weights, obviously may change predictions. Not sure if any are IE but I believe these are favorites to win.

Final predictions
                              NOVICE
                              ​​​​​60 Glowacki
                              64 Noonan
                              69 Rice
                              ​​​74 Wyller
                              80 Foster
                              86 Ruscitti
                              93 Arnett
                              100 Mack-(im biased)
                              110 Lachtenberg
                              116 Mckay