The Biggest tournament in Chicago!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration is now over 530.

You are correct there are not 500 different wrestlers. To be absolutely correct that line would need to read, Registration is now over 500. I do not think the intention of this post was to "deceive" anyone. I appologize if you took it that way.

Just to be clear the current figures are below.

There are currently 205 registered for Freestyle and 329 registered for Folkstyle.

Comment

What time are weigh ins? What time is wrestling suppose to start?

Comment

The flyer on track said folkstyle weigh in is from 9 to 10 and freestyle is earlier

Comment

Pre-Registration

Tournament pre-registration will be closing tonight at 7 PM. To date, there are over 600 total wrestlers for folkstyle and freestyle. With that, only adults (19 yrs & older) and CPS wrestlers will be allowed to register on-site. No exceptions.

We are definitely pleased to have reached maximum capacity for this year's tournament and look forward to an outstanding display of folkstyle and freestyle wrestling.

Comment

been here since 8:30am. Have 2 wait 4hrs before folksytle begins. No parking no concessions. People at weigh ins didnt have a clue what was going on. Kids warming up on mat during weigh ins had less of a clue what was going on than the people at the scales. They dont even understand whats gonna happen to them once a twister kid or storm wrestlers gets a hold of them. Should of went to force. No i know for next year.
            http://youtu.be/_shxzlTRK44

"All the women want to be with me, the men want to be me"

"Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the Best thing going around. Wooooo!"

Ric Flair

Comment

Originally posted by Basketball Dad View Post
              been here since 8:30am. Have 2 wait 4hrs before folksytle begins. No parking no concessions. People at weigh ins didnt have a clue what was going on. Kids warming up on mat during weigh ins had less of a clue what was going on than the people at the scales. They dont even understand whats gonna happen to them once a twister kid or storm wrestlers gets a hold of them. Should of went to force. No i know for next year.
              I am not sure about what you mean about concessions...do you mean right now? Because I hit it numerous times throughout the day. The competition is really good with numerous state placers here. Parking is to be expected being at the U of C. I agree with the weigh in....that took very long.

Comment

the freestyle tournament went great. had 4 kids wrestling, all got 3 matches and we were out the door by 1230. saw some great wrestling especially in the open division. saw a few veterans stepping on the mat with college kids and some of those guys still move pretty good. give those guys credit
                "Daddy's home"

Comment

Freestyle started at 930 ended at 1130 wit 3 matches. The 2 hour brake sucked between freestyle n folkstyle. Didn't have to weight to weigh inn and got some good competition. Word to the wise on weigh inns if its says 9 to 10 for weigh in get there at 955 not 830 and I saw storm kids gettin beat all over and saw some twisters go down. I just took a walk down the block for subway and wAs fine with that. If the worse thing about a tournament is the medals and concessions then its probably a good tourney.

Comment

Pretty good considering the ran 2 tournaments in one day!

Comment

Originally posted by Basketball Dad View Post

Worst basketball tournament I've ever been to, thats for sure.

Comment

This tournament was the BEST run tournament we've been to this off-season. Sorry you couldn't find the pizza, hot dogs and other healthy foods. Personally, I loved the FREE, yes free water. Besides, my son and I brought plenty of good wrestling food. The refs we had were great, table help was good, & the head table even corrected the scoring error we had, without a huge arguement. The wait between Free and Folk was highlighted by a super dual between Chicago and Milwaukee. Chicago went undefeated. A great showcase of CPS talent. All in all, a great day. We will return every year. Two tournaments, one day, you can't beat that. By the way, we parked across the street about 1/2 block down University. Huge thanks to the organizers and all the volunteers! Great job! More tournaments need to use the "one mat" approach. Much more effiecient.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgeporter View Post
                          Freestyle started at 930 ended at 1130 wit 3 matches. The 2 hour brake sucked between freestyle n folkstyle. Didn't have to weight to weigh inn and got some good competition. Word to the wise on weigh inns if its says 9 to 10 for weigh in get there at 955 not 830 and I saw storm kids gettin beat all over and saw some twisters go down. I just took a walk down the block for subway and wAs fine with that. If the worse thing about a tournament is the medals and concessions then its probably a good tourney.
                          It's the offseason and you will see many top wrestlers lose. You really can't judge a kid for losing in the offseason because you don't know if they are trying new moves, overweight, or even out of shape.

This was a good tourney though for the city of Chicago. I was a public league wrestler so I can appreciate this kind of venue. I hope to see more of these tourneys in Chicago. I think Beat the Streets is a good program. Keep it up!

Comment

World Sport Chicago would like to thank everyone who helped out with the Wrestling Fest this year. It was with everyone's cooperation, hard work and dedication that this event was made possible. We believe our Chicagoland wrestlers deserve an event that puts their talents and hard work on a big stage. The last two years being at Navy Pier and this year being a part of the NATO Athletic Crossroads Events brings a lot of attention to the wrestlers, teams and clubs in the Chicagoland area.

There are huge tournaments accross the nation from the Corn Cobb Nationals to the Iron Man Nationals and thanks to Dan Willis and Jason Eby of World Sport Chicago we our way to having our own.
                            Coach Willis had envisioned creating a large stage for our wrestlers and his efforts in the Chicago wrestling has been unbelieveable in the last ten years. From the CWCA, Camp of Champs, countless clinics and tournaments and now to the Wrestling Fest, his contribution to our city kids and our sport was on display yesterday. This year we had the most diversity in any tournament in the Chicagloand area. This was the only tournament that actually a true representation of surburban, catholic and CPS wrestlers all in one place.

Again, we can thank all the volunteers enough for their efforts yesterday. As for the weigh-ins, we definitely are looking into improving all areas of the tournament. This year we switched to trackwrestling because we believed it help run the registration and tournament in more efficient manner. The weigh in times have been the same for the past 2 years and never been an issue but now that you point it out I can see how the wait can be too long. We will definitely try to move it closer to your wrestling time for the folk style. We are always loooking to improve and grow the tournament. Your thoughts and oppinions are well read and taken into serious consideration.

I hope everyone is celebrating Mothers Day in enjoyable fashion. Let's take care of our Wrestling Moms!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X