Illinois Matmen Forums

Illinois Matmen Forums (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Illinois Matmen News (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Illinois Matmen All-Access: We Need Your Input (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59900)

admin 03-26-2016 09:05 PM

Illinois Matmen All-Access: We Need Your Input

Click here to view the article.

RailerMan 03-26-2016 10:37 PM

I am mixed with this idea. I love the idea of extended coverage, and finances are a necessary ends to that mean. However, I think the current free version we have is an amazing thing. It gives everyone an opportunity to get/add information and spread the news of Illinois wrestling. If you start excluding people based on money it turns into a flow situation. Not knocking them at all, great for the sport, but you have to pay money to get access to the good info. I like our current format here and am very appreciative of it. Just my 2 cents, and I am very appreciative of this website. I just like being able to participate without having to be a paid member. Either way, keep up the good work!

admin 03-27-2016 08:25 AM

A couple things to add:

1. We would still have some free articles. We wouldn't put every single story behind the subscription. The point of the subscription is that we would be offering something in addition to what we have offered in the past.

2. We aren't thinking big money here. My initial thought was to charge somewhere around $25-$30 for an entire year. For every 2 subscriptions we get, we could write another article.

silent n deadly 03-27-2016 09:52 AM

I like the idea and would be willing to spend the $25-$30 per year. I would just hope to have coverage at all levels. Ik, i.e., hs, college, & international. That would help to draw "memberships" from all the demographics that frequent the site. Maybe adding some of the video coverage would draw people as well. An example.... Paid members get live access to Dvorak finals. Free members must wait for archived access.

wrestling observer 03-27-2016 10:14 AM

I would pay for this. It sounds great

J.Yates 03-27-2016 10:23 AM

Extra coverage is a good thing. $25/30 per year is worth it. I like it.

UpNorth 03-27-2016 01:38 PM

If the year long subscription was the route, I would prefer to see it span from something like November-October so that a subscription covers a full season.

admin 03-27-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UpNorth (Post 514143)
If the year long subscription was the route, I would prefer to see it span from something like November-October so that a subscription covers a full season.

The year would start from the day you purchase the subscription. So if you buy it in November, you would get it until that day in November the following year. If you buy it in March, you would get all the way to the next March. So, technically you would always get a full season.

I8Pride 03-28-2016 05:47 AM

I don't mind paying anywhere from $15 - $25 or so for this access. I already pay for Edgy Tim and IHSSA forum. I like the articles and if paying a small yearly subscription can add to the articles and coverage I'm all for it. If the subscription fee is put in place, will we see some more matmen streaming of some of the big tourney finals?

mckbln 03-28-2016 06:39 PM

It needs to include expanded webcasts as well.