Illinois Matmen Forums

Illinois Matmen Forums (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Central Illinois Wrestling (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Early predictions (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32875)

dstate 10-01-2010 08:56 AM

Early predictions

I know its still early,but lets have some early predictions on Mid-Illini and Mid-State 6. How about Peoria Central are they going to be improved with the addition of some ex-woodruff wrestlers and a new coach?

Greenskin 10-01-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstate (Post 311821)
I know its still early,but lets have some early predictions on Mid-Illini and Mid-State 6. How about Peoria Central are they going to be improved with the addition of some ex-woodruff wrestlers and a new coach?

I would think Central will be much improved for both of the reasons mentioned.

dstate 10-02-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenskin (Post 311832)
I would think Central will be much improved for both of the reasons mentioned.

It has been a long time since Central has had a good wrestling team. I can remember they were pretty decent back in the early 80s and late 70s.Especially the heavier weights.

DawgeatDawg2 10-02-2010 10:46 AM

most of Peoria Central's best athletes are struggling too just stay in school. It's rough in that part of town.

Grandpa Knows 10-03-2010 08:09 AM

Last year Central was led by Tyjavius Johnson, who will be a senior this year, and a regional champ last year at 145. With a new coach and some new athletes in the school, their practice room should have some new faces in it this year.

DawgeatDawg2 10-03-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa Knows (Post 311906)
Last year Central was led by Tyjavius Johnson, who will be a senior this year, and a regional champ last year at 145. With a new coach and some new athletes in the school, their practice room should have some new faces in it this year.

I attended Manual High for 4 years in the early 70s. It's tough to fill a line up. It's always been that way with Peoria schools.
My oldest brother wrestled there as did I. Senior year he was 49-0 Got sick in Champaigne and was coughing blood. A severe case of strep. That was around the time of desegregation. Had to fight just to attend school. Rocks and bottles were flying.

dstate 10-03-2010 06:29 PM

I would have to think Morton,Washington,Pekin would all have good shot at Mid-Illini.Not sure who has what coming back.Heard some transfer rumors but i guess we will have to see.

Grandpa Knows 10-03-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstate (Post 311921)
I would have to think Morton,Washington,Pekin would all have good shot at Mid-Illini.Not sure who has what coming back.Heard some transfer rumors but i guess we will have to see.

Washington has this coming back:
Last years Mid-Illini tournament results: 3-1st's, 2-2nd's, 5-3rd's
5 Regional Champs
9 Sectional Qualifiers
4 State Qualifiers
1 State Champ
7 Fargo Qualifiers
1 Fargo Greco Champ

Central IL Guy 10-04-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa Knows (Post 311923)
Washington has this coming back:
Last years Mid-Illini tournament results: 3-1st's, 2-2nd's, 5-3rd's
5 Regional Champs
9 Sectional Qualifiers
4 State Qualifiers
1 State Champ
7 Fargo Qualifiers
1 Fargo Greco Champ

Washington will have 10 Sectional Qualifiers on their team this year as it stands right now!!

FoxesFan 10-05-2010 01:11 PM

Washington heads north on Dec. 18th

Quote:

Originally Posted by Central IL Guy (Post 311995)
Washington will have 10 Sectional Qualifiers on their team this year as it stands right now!!

Washington travels to Marmion (Aurora) on Saturday December 18th for a quad including Yorkville and Marist. Looking forward to seeing Washington.