Illinois Matmen Forums

Illinois Matmen Forums (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Illinois Matmen News (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   1st Annual Illinois Matmen High School Challenge (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21277)

admin 01-29-2009 04:11 PM

1st Annual Illinois Matmen High School Challenge

Illinois Matmen is very pleased to announce our 1st Annual High School Challenge Wrestling Tournament hosted by Shabbona Middle School in Morris, IL. This one day double elimination tournament will take place on Sunday, March 15th, two weeks after the IHSA Dual Team State Tournament.

Our goal is to bring together 250 of the best high school wrestlers from Class 1A, 2A, and 3A. Pre-registration for state medal winners will begin immediately after the IHSA Individual State Tournament with open registration starting the Monday after IHSA Dual Team State.

Proceeds from this tournament will go towards the continued growth of this website as well as the Morris High School Prom-fest, which is responsible for creating a safe environment for students after prom.

For more information, please visit our tournament website. We look forward to a great turnout!

usaw018 01-29-2009 04:19 PM

If Its...........

a good turnout I might have to watch that

Tapout King 01-29-2009 05:39 PM

Great!

Sounds good, hopefully it'll become a tradition and go on from years from now.

JAMFISHING 01-29-2009 06:56 PM

What a great idea!

I know in the mid 1980's there use to be a wrestling dual meet between the best in A and AA. Every year a few of the class A boys would surprise everyone by beating a AA State Champ. There should be some good matchups. I think Roth will win his weight if he enters. Is this IHSA approved? Hope you don't have to share the proceeds with the greedy IHSA. Good luck to everyone.

hoopdawg 01-29-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMFISHING (Post 199912)
I know in the mid 1980's there use to be a wrestling dual meet between the best in A and AA. Every year a few of the class A boys would surprise everyone by beating a AA State Champ. There should be some good matchups. I think Roth will win his weight if he enters. Is this IHSA approved? Hope you don't have to share the proceeds with the greedy IHSA. Good luck to everyone.

I had teamates do this in 1990 & 1992, but that might of been one of the last years for it

NISB_35 01-29-2009 07:54 PM

Thanks, just added a link on my forums to this.

constant movement 01-29-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMFISHING (Post 199912)

it was the best seniors in A vs. the best seniors in AA. It lasted to aroung the early 90's, then ended and the Illinois Vs. Indiana duel started.

outofshape 01-29-2009 08:15 PM

will there be a weight allowence?

JAMFISHING 01-29-2009 08:21 PM

Yes, there is an allowance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofshape (Post 199955)

Just click on the link in the main article for more details.

admin 01-30-2009 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofshape (Post 199955)

4 lbs. and you can choose to enter at a weight higher than what you wrestled during the state series.