Illinois Matmen Forums

Illinois Matmen Forums (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/index.php)
-   IHSA 3A (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Congratulations to Peter Christensen (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65864)

Mainefan 01-12-2019 11:56 PM

Congratulations to Peter Christensen

Defeating national #2 Jacob Cardenas of Bergen Catholic(NJ) 3-1. This reversed his loss to him last week in the finals of the Doc Buchanan.

mckbln 01-13-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainefan (Post 548575)
Defeating national #2 Jacob Cardenas of Bergen Catholic(NJ) 3-1. This reversed his loss to him last week in the finals of the Doc Buchanan.

On that note, with Ferrari out because of the transfer from Blair to Bergen, IMO Pete deserves to be ranked #1 nationally at 195lbs.

scott8303 01-13-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckbln (Post 548591)
On that note, with Ferrari out because of the transfer from Blair to Bergen, IMO Pete deserves to be ranked #1 nationally at 195lbs.

I thought I recognized him on the Bergen bench yesterday. You bring up a good point if he canít wrestle the rest of the year.

maddog81 01-13-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

I still give the edge to Cardenas but Pete did a great job this weekend. Cardenas handled him pretty easily at doc b.

mckbln 01-14-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott8303 (Post 548609)
I thought I recognized him on the Bergen bench yesterday. You bring up a good point if he canít wrestle the rest of the year.

Now I'm hearing he will be eligible next week. Go figure.

Truth is Out There 01-14-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckbln (Post 548637)
Now I'm hearing he will be eligible next week. Go figure.

Congratulations to Petey. Hard work in the right situation pays off.

I posted that about Ferrari earlier.

The most interesting part is that a kid was able to transfer mid-season from one high profile private school to another. Without any ramifications or loss of eligibility.

NJ, like Pennsylvania, allows the privates schools to be their own division. It seems to work quite well -- without much if ANY detriment to the kids.

Wanna recruit? Fine.

Wanna bring the best kid from Texas halfway across the country, give the Dad a job, and scholarship him AND his little brother? Fine.

Got alumni with deep pockets who wanna see their alma mater win? Fine.

I look at what Illinois does with their restrictions to eligibility and just laugh.

Only the kids who deserve help are the ones getting shut out. Everyone else can find a way...

Congratulations to Petey. Hard work in the right situation pays off.

Truth is Out There 01-14-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

To expound on this a bit further, since Ferrari was ranked at 195 and Cardenas is/was #2 at the same weight, the rankings don't permit more than one ranked kid from the same school at the same weight.

Ferrari was removed from the rankings I'm told the minute his transfer became official.

Moves Cardenas up to #1 and presumably, Christensen now to #1 for having gotten the victory the last time they wrestled this past weekend.

BS call in California ruled out of bounds when Petey threw Cardenas to his back. Californicated by the refs if you ask me.

Should be interesting. I think Cardenas, Ferrari and even Foca could have success at 220.

Red Turban 01-14-2019 09:18 AM

Christensen and Cardenas look even to me.

Blair is a a private boarding school. Has nothing to do with your recruiting concerns. They aren't eligible for any state tournament etc. Whatever they do to put a team together is up to them.

Truth is Out There 01-14-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Turban (Post 548648)
Christensen and Cardenas look even to me.

They're both great wrestlers. However, they weren't even at the end of their last match.

Rankings don't do ties I'm told. Have to ask an expert to be sure.

Red Turban 01-14-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truth is Out There (Post 548650)
They're both great wrestlers. However, they weren't even at the end of their last match.

Rankings don't do ties I'm told. Have to ask an expert to be sure.

Or let's state something equally obviously meaningless and say according to soccer-style aggregate scoring over all meetings, Cardenas is a far superior wrestler....:cool:

For me, I disagree with the poster who said Cardenas is way better because of the Doc B match. They looked like evenly matched guys to me Saturday.

If the number 1 is available, Christensen would seem to deserve it, imo.