View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010
Wrestling Media

Why is everyone speaking for Marmion....

What is interesting to me is that no one from Marmion coaching staff has said a word about being offended by my piece. In fact I received a note today from a coach on the Marmion staff that says he agrees with what I said in it's entirely. He indicated that Marmion has taken what I and others have said to heart and are learning from the experience.

I will never mince words in my column. That is why I was given the column in the first place. It is the place where I will continue to speak my mind as I stated in my very first column. http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2533

I will continue to ask the tough questions that others only think but won't ask. And I will continue to seek the tough answers that some will only give to a select few in the wrestling media. One sure way to avoid controversial comments is to not do controversial things.

I don't think the Marmion coaches are offended therefore I won't change my style. Marmion found me to indicate they had no problem and so can any other coach find me should I decide to write about their programs or actions either negative or positive.

If everything I wrote was politically correct then that would not be me. I must continue to be me. If the day comes when I am asked to be someone other than Andre' Morgan then that will be my last day involved with wrestling.

Consider me the Jay Mariotti of the wrestling media...

Last edited by MR TWISTER; 02-01-2010 at 03:36 PM.