Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 04-02-2019
Varsity

Boom

The IRTC is proud to announce the addition of two new senior-level athletes.

Old 04-02-2019
Olympian

Awesome! Congratulations. Building and building for the future is exciting. Coming off a World Cup dominated by IMAR, the news keeps getting better.

GO IRTC!!!
Old 04-19-2019
Olympian

And there are immediate dividends! This is from a headline article at themat.com regarding the Pan Am Championships:

Quote:
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina – The USA picked up six medals, including three gold and three silver, on the first day of Greco-Roman competition at the 2019 Pan American Championships in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

At 55 kg, Nowry completed a perfect outing, finishing off the day with an 8-0 tech fall over host country Argentina’s Marcelo Torres. Nowry scored quickly on a takedown and turn and immediately picked up four more points on a takedown and turn for an 8-0 tech fall in 34 seconds.

GO IRTC!!!
Old 04-19-2019
Olympian

Also noteworthy:

1. Jesse Delgado and Zane Richards will be part of a nice 57kg freestyle field at the US Open. It will be interesting to see how much Zane has progressed, and to see what changes to his gameplan Delgado has made. He's had time to study the situation, and as smart and technical as he is, who knows.

2. Did not see IMAR registered at 74kg, but I suspect that World Team members can skip the US Open and still snag a spot at the World Team Trials. Is that correct?

3. I didn't go through all of the weights, but at the two weights I looked up, there were ILLINI represented in the Junior Freestyle US Open registrations. At 57kg, you have Cardani and Durlacher. The latter is also wrestling Greco. At 125kg, Luke Luffman will be representing.

Who else?

Lots of fun times this Summer following the ILLINI on the freestyle circuit.

GO IRTC!!!
Old 04-19-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Also noteworthy:

1. Jesse Delgado and Zane Richards will be part of a nice 57kg freestyle field at the US Open. It will be interesting to see how much Zane has progressed, and to see what changes to his gameplan Delgado has made. He's had time to study the situation, and as smart and technical as he is, who knows.

2. Did not see IMAR registered at 74kg, but I suspect that World Team members can skip the US Open and still snag a spot at the World Team Trials. Is that correct?

3. I didn't go through all of the weights, but at the two weights I looked up, there were ILLINI represented in the Junior Freestyle US Open registrations. At 57kg, you have Cardani and Durlacher. The latter is also wrestling Greco. At 125kg, Luke Luffman will be representing.

Who else?

Lots of fun times this Summer following the ILLINI on the freestyle circuit.

GO IRTC!!!
Thanks for the update, Chief. Also, let's remind everyone to donate to the IRTC so we can keep the positive momentum going.
Sponsored Links