Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #231  
Old 12-05-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is online now
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,675
I hope that everybody had a chance to catch the Impeachment Hearing in the House Judiciary Committee yesterday. If not, I would recommend at least watching as many snippets as you can. Basically, the three Law Professors that the Democrats called were like the first one, a Benedict Cumberbatch twin brother:


The Republicans had a witness testify as well, Jonathon Turley, the Franklin Benjamin Professor of the Dollar at Hotown University. The one thing that Turley proved beyond a reasonable doubt is that Giuliani, Bolton, Mulvaney, Pompeo and McGahn need to testify.

Thanks, Jon! I agree.
.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 12-05-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is online now
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,675
Speaker Nancy Pelosi just instructed the House of Representatives to prepare Articles of Impeachment against President Donald J. Trump. This is a very important moment in our county's history. To commemorate this historically auspicious occasion, I have decided to end with perhaps the best tweet of 2019:

Quote:
Not Your Babe
@EmileyTheRebel

1h

I moved on him like a bitch. I don't even ask, I just start impeaching. And when you're House Speaker they let you do it. -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 12-05-2019
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Here is why I disagree...I hope I am wrong, because Impeachment will backfire. If you have read this thread these points have been already stated.

1. Democrats have nothing to gain from impeaching Trump and sending it to the Republican controlled Senate where the focus of the trial will take a dramatic shift. Witnesses that the Democrats do not want to hear from will be called...Like Adam Schiff, Eric Ciramella("the whistleblower") Hunter Biden, Victor Shokin...etc

2. The Senate would never convict Trump unless his approval numbers drop to about 30% That is because impeachment is a political process, not a criminal trial. Senators will not jeopardize their own reelection no matter what the President has done or how much they dislike him.

3. There are 31 newly elected Democrats in the House that won in districts that Trump won in 2016...some of them will increase the likelihood that they will be defeated in 2020 when Trump is on the ballot, if they vote to impeach.

4. Sitting Senators are not allowed to campaign for the office of President of the United States during an Impeachment trial. Mitch Mconnell has already stated that he will not rush through the process. I suspect that he would slow it down if the Democrat nominee is a Senator.

5. If Nancy does not secure every House Democrat's vote she will be risking the title of Speaker of the House. She may be able to loose a few votes, but any more that that will be a huge risk if she likes banging her Gavil on he desk.

The only possible upside for the Democrats would be if they can turn this into a political victory in 2020. I don't think they can...so please proceed with the proceedings.
1. It is about what side of history you want to be on. The side that stood up to this clown or the side that sold their souls to defend the clown. Sometimes you just have to do what is right regardless of any perceived fallout.

2. So the Senate will have the live with those consequences. They will now be on record as supporting a self-serving lying traitor.

3. Yeah and more seats will be gained in other areas where Republicans have vacated seats like in a flood.

4. Impeachment won't drag on that long. McConnell has his own *** to worry about.

5. Keep dreaming.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 12-05-2019
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,155
Or just smarter than you.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 12-05-2019
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Any president could be impeached for cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LLAT_95nLU
This President just having way more cause than others. To me this Ukraine situation is the least of his crimes. He has to be impeached so children realize that incompetent boobs should never be President again. Sorry kids we screwed up here. We elected a moron that can't speak intelligently about ANY topic. Our bad. We won't do it again. We are kicking this clown out. Sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 12-05-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,308
For the Democrats, Impeachment is a defensive maneuver. When Trump showed interest in Investigating and prosecuting Biden for corruption in Ukraine and China. The Democrats had to get out in front of his investigation, because the Ukraine was their slush fund project. We Gave the Ukraine Billions and those billions just vanished at the same time Hunter Biden was hired for a no show job out side his area of expertise, which happens to be smoking crack and getting lap dances.

In no small part this is happening because if Trump gets reelected there may be as many as a 7 to 2 Supreme court advantage when he leaves office.

Blacks and Hispanics are trending away from the Democrat Party.

The borders are no longer hemorrhaging new Democrat voters from the rest of the world.

The economy is setting records and Democrats can't claim credit for it.

Trump is at this point, the only President in recent history that hasn't started a war.

Trump is erasing the Obama legacy one executive order at a time.

Trump has proposed ending birth right citizenship.

I dislike Trump for many of the same reasons that you do. The difference is that I like most of his policies and I am willing to over look his inarticulate, idiotic statements...I also cant get enough of watching Democrat pundits heads explode.

This is not a legitimate Impeachment...it is a political strategy to defeat him in 2020. After this constant carpet bombing that started long before he was even the nominee, Trumps approval is at 52% approval. He was elected with less than 50% of the voters...now you are about to turn over the investigating powers to Trump and his allies.

Last edited by MAL; 12-05-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 12-05-2019
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
For the Democrats, Impeachment is a defensive maneuver. When Trump showed interest in Investigating and prosecuting Biden for corruption in Ukraine and China. The Democrats had to get out in front of his investigation, because the Ukraine was their slush fund project. We Gave the Ukraine Billions and those billions just vanished at the same time Hunter Biden was hired for a no show job out side his area of expertise, which happens to be smoking crack and getting lap dances.

In no small part this is happening because if Trump gets reelected there may be as many as a 7 to 2 Supreme court advantage when he leaves office.

Blacks and Hispanics are trending away from the Democrat Party.

The borders are no longer hemorrhaging new Democrat voters from the rest of the world.

The economy is setting records and Democrats can't claim credit for it.

Trump is at this point, the only President in recent history that hasn't started a war.

Trump is erasing the Obama legacy one executive order at a time.

Trump has proposed ending birth right citizenship.

I dislike Trump for many of the same reasons that you do. The difference is that I like most of his policies and I am willing to over look his inarticulate, idiotic statements...I also cant get enough of watching Democrat pundits heads explode.

This is not a legitimate Impeachment...it is a political strategy to defeat him in 2020. After this constant carpet bombing that started long before he was even the nominee, Trumps approval is at 52% approval. He was elected with less than 50% of the voters...now you are about to turn over the investigating powers to Trump and his allies.
LOL no the Impeachment is not a defensive maneuver to a divert from an investigation into the Bidens that had already been completed and discredited prior to this event. This is the problem when you have a President that gets his news from Fox and Friends and wacknut webpages instead of his own intelligence agencies. Wacknut webpages that provide you with BS like the rest of your first paragraph. Remember that is how we got at odds before. i kept posting articles from journalists and you kept posting me articles from meth addicts in their Mom's basement.

Yeah I know judges are how the "Christians" try and justify their support of the man with the worst morals in the history of the Presidency.

Blacks and Hispanics are definitely not trending away from the Democrats. Trump kept the black votes he had. That is it. No gains. Problem for Trump is that there are now more minorities in the country than 4 years ago. Plus most suburban housewives are smarter than their husbands and can't stand him. Note most recent elections.

The border wasn't a problem when Trump inherited it. He made it worse. The wall is a joke. 4th Century technology for the rubes to embrace and think that is going to get them their dream job of picking cherries or cleaning hotel rooms.

The economy was growing before Trump took over. What does he have to do with that? He has created a trillion dollar deficit to make the rich richer for what? A miniscule uptick in the GDP? Something that would have been WAY more productive if he had used that trillion dollar deficit towards infrastructure, health care or making college more affordable. Manufacturing growth is at a 10 year low. Job growth has slowed under Trump. He wasted a fortune for basically worse results than Obama.

Yes Trump is trying to erase the Obama legacy and we are paying the price for that overseas as we are losing all of our traditional allies for dictators and doing the will of our enemies. Plus the destruction of the environment and health care costs are now skyrocketing again.

Yes Trump is doing a great job of sending soldiers that have fought for our country back to where they came from because that is how you reward their service. Meanwhile he steals from veterans charities and his family profits from the Trump foundation. Pure scum.

The only thing Trump has done good at this point is his prison reform initiatives. Everything else positive was the continuation of trends that were already in place before he was elected. He hasn't screwed up the economy yet but he threw away trillions of dollars that could have been better spent dozens of different ways instead of giving it to those who needed it the least.

Trumps approval rating is currently 41%. At that level it is going to take a lot of Russian trolling and Republican's most creative voter suppression tactics to keep it competitive next year.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 12-05-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
I hope that everybody had a chance to catch the Impeachment Hearing in the House Judiciary Committee yesterday. If not, I would recommend at least watching as many snippets as you can. Basically, the three Law Professors that the Democrats called were like the first one, a Benedict Cumberbatch twin brother:



The Republicans had a witness testify as well, Jonathon Turley, the Franklin Benjamin Professor of the Dollar at Hotown University. The one thing that Turley proved beyond a reasonable doubt is that Giuliani, Bolton, Mulvaney, Pompeo and McGahn need to testify.

Thanks, Jon! I agree.
.
I did get the chance to watch all 9 hours of testimony. I don't think the expert witnesses were able to contain their bias. Here is just a little sample of the bias. You can start watching at 3:50 if You don't want to watch the whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8gC...em-uploademail

The Republican witness, if you can call him that. Wants Trump Impeached and removed...not just impeached. He is telling the Democrats that they are setting themselves up to fail. He voted for Obama and Hillary. There have been no fact witnesses except for Sondland. The entire case has been made with hearsay, opinion, circumstantial and inferential evidence. The case would not have a chance in any court of law, and it doesn't have a chance in the Senate.

As far as Bribery is concerned. You have Trump asking for a favor...military aid being withheld and Zelenski wanting a meeting. You only have hearsay evidence connecting all three of them together. If you are connecting all three based on the transcript alone, you must infer that conclusion based on what you believe Trump was thinking...that won't work in court, and it won't work on Mitch and the other Republican Senators. The charge of bribery is a very week case if we are simply looking at facts and applying law and legal precedent. The appearance of impropriety with Hunter Biden is all that is needed warrant an investigation. Hunter resigned his position because of the appearance of impropriety.

I have a very hard time believing that Nancy is so stupid as to rush a vote before Christmas. She would be handing her own head on a silver platter to Trump. She must have another trick up her sleeve.

Who am I to be giving advice to Nancy, but what do you think would better serve your purpose of eliminating Trump...if there was more investigations and more testimony...or handing the ball to the Republican controlled Senate so they can start issuing Subpoenas? I can tell you from my perspective and from the perspective of the Republicans...We have a lot of question for Democrats and their associates. In the Senate there will be a presiding Judge to kick the kangaroo out of the court, and lawyers to object to hearsay. Democrats have not built a case based on conclusive facts...they just want it to be true so badly they can almost taste it.

Last edited by MAL; 12-06-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 12-06-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
LOL no the Impeachment is not a defensive maneuver to a divert from an investigation into the Bidens that had already been completed and discredited prior to this event.

Can you show me who did that investigation into the Bidens? I don't want any of your fake news sources...nobody trusts the networks anymore.

Fox is the most trusted name in news...but I still don't watch Fox.
https://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/fox-n...sted-name-news


Here are 3 polls that have Trump at about 30% with black voters...that sounds high to me, but it indicates a trend.

https://www.insidesources.com/the-ka...trump-surging/

Mitch McConell and Trump are kicking butt with Judges. They just confirmed 4 more today. He has nominated 234 and most have been confirmed and many more will soon be confirmed.

If you can cherry pick a poll so can I. 52% approval

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public...ez_track_dec05

I am not responding to the rest of your BS. until you show me who did that investigation into the Bidens!
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 12-06-2019
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Can you show me who did that investigation into the Bidens? I don't want any of your fake news sources...nobody trusts the networks anymore.

Fox is the most trusted name in news...but I still don't watch Fox.
https://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/fox-n...sted-name-news


Here are 3 polls that have Trump at about 30% with black voters...that sounds high to me, but it indicates a trend.

https://www.insidesources.com/the-ka...trump-surging/

Mitch McConell and Trump are kicking butt with Judges. They just confirmed 4 more today. He has nominated 234 and most have been confirmed and many more will soon be confirmed.

If you can cherry pick a poll so can I. 52% approval

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public...ez_track_dec05

I am not responding to the rest of your BS. until you show me who did that investigation into the Bidens!
Poor MAL lives in a bubble of his own creation. A factless bubble inhabited by the ding dong Trump supporters.

So the "Media Research Center" makes the hysterical statement that Fox is the most trusted name in news. The Media Research Center? What is that you might ask:

The Media Research Center is an American nonprofit media watchdog for politically conservative content analysis based in Reston, Virginia. Founded in 1987 by L. Brent Bozell III, its stated mission is to "expose and neutralize the propaganda arm of the Left: the national news media."

Oh those guys. Great job Mal.

Your other sources? Insidesources website is owned by Romney's campaign manager in Iowa. Here is how they rate:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/insidesources/

Yes they are kicking butt with the most incompetent least qualified judges we have ever had inflicted upon us. Crazy loony judges that are sure to screw this country for generations.

Sorry you are the ultimate cherry picker with 52%. My number was a conglomerate of numbers yours is what? Rasmussen? They call old people with land lines or something. No one is even close to those numbers.

The problem with you righties nowadays is that you discredit the mainstream media so you can find solace in real slanted news sources. The mainstream media is not fabricating stories to make Trump look good. Sorry that isn't their job. There is no state media in the US outside of Fox but they aren't owned by the government...yet. Trump is obviously influencing their personnel decisions by having one of their few actual journalists, Shephard Smith fired. I am sure Chris Wallace is next for actually having the nerve to debunk the ridiculous Ukraine meddling theories.

The mainstream media journalists actually has to have journalism degrees. They understand what the process of reporting requires. They have to vet their sources and those sources are checked and double checked. They can be sued for libel and defamation. They are fired for making such mistakes like the Newsweek reporter last week. Sean Hannity doesn't even have a college degree. Nor does Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck for that matter.

Trump wants you to discredit the media and his own intelligence agencies because they support facts and the facts don't reflect kindly on him. They never have throughout his career. He is just a very transparent con man and you have bought the con. Congrats to you!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.