Originally Posted by 40 Reasons View Post
Where do you get dual results.
some newspapers have decent results.
Old 12-05-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TappedOut View Post
some newspapers have decent results.
True, but so many are paywalled now itís difficult to get them.
Old 12-05-2019
Varsity

is ANYONE going to post rankings??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA View Post
The site hasn't even posted a news article update since March. Nothing to read, no rankings, no results, and a lot of people being rude on the forum. I hope it turns around. Not a lot of places to talk Illinois wrestling.
Ill post articles. Illinois ppl don't bother me, they just want to talk smach... But as we all know, RESULTS DONT LIE.

The problem is with the news papers. They want to cover basketball and football before HS wrestling. In retrospect, more IL individuals are involved in those sports tho.

Yall should just start Threads stating the Weight Classes. Then ppl can talk about how good or bad a wrestler from a separate school is on that thread..
Old 12-05-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Ill post articles. Illinois ppl don't bother me, they just want to talk smach... But as we all know, RESULTS DONT LIE.

The problem is with the news papers. They want to cover basketball and football before HS wrestling. In retrospect, more IL individuals are involved in those sports tho.

Yall should just start Threads stating the Weight Classes. Then ppl can talk about how good or bad a wrestler from a separate school is on that thread..
Rob Sherrill has posted his rankings on the IWCOA website.
Old 12-06-2019
Varsity

iwoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
Rob Sherrill has posted his rankings on the IWCOA website.
is that where the rankings will be updated all year?
Old 12-06-2019
Junior Varsity

Every other sport has 75% or more the varsity teams posting results online. Just posting the scores of tris and quads on twitter would be a nice start. It is not that hard.
Old 12-06-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
is that where the rankings will be updated all year?
Rob used to do them for this site (at least for 3A and 2A) but sometime over the past couple years, that relationship ended and the powers that be here started doing their own.

There have been 2 sets over the past couple years and while they usually were close, there were differences, usually involving downstate kids.

But for now, the IWCOA ones are the only game in town.
Old 12-06-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formersomeone View Post
Every other sport has 75% or more the varsity teams posting results online. Just posting the scores of tris and quads on twitter would be a nice start. It is not that hard.
Some states actually require all results be posted on trackwrestling; Iowa and Wisconsin come to mind.

However, nothing prevents an individual from posting results in a thread here or on track wrestling. Follow a team? Do it for that team. I posted Moline results on track for years and only stopped when more and more duals were out of town and the coaches stopped calling results into the newspaper (coaches Ealy and Thompson were very diligent about doing that in their time as the head man for the Maroons; coaches Cross and Ruetigger not so much).
Old 12-06-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
Some states actually require all results be posted on trackwrestling; Iowa and Wisconsin come to mind.

However, nothing prevents an individual from posting results in a thread here or on track wrestling. Follow a team? Do it for that team. I posted Moline results on track for years and only stopped when more and more duals were out of town and the coaches stopped calling results into the newspaper (coaches Ealy and Thompson were very diligent about doing that in their time as the head man for the Maroons; coaches Cross and Ruetigger not so much).

I don't care if it's on Track or somewhere else. All results should be kept somewhere. It's a travesty we get a thread about how great a dual GBN v. Lyons was but no one can provide a boxscore.
Old 12-06-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcher in the Eye View Post
I don't care if it's on Track or somewhere else. All results should be kept somewhere. It's a travesty we get a thread about how great a dual GBN v. Lyons was but no one can provide a box score.
I agree,

Let's make this forum great again!

post results
Sponsored Links