Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > The Burk Blog

Old 11-29-2005
Varsity

The Burk Blog 11/29

Hello again. I am sorry about the delay on my new blog, I was pretty busy/tired over break.

Well, the tournament in Omaha went very well for me. I wrestled in the 20-and-under division and won 5 matches to capture 1st place. The kid that I beat in the finals won Nebraska's wrestle-offs, but will most likely redshirt, so I felt good about my performance. The rest of our team wrestled tough as well. In the 20-and-under division, Cornejo took 2nd to Schlatter, Ambrosino took 2nd to a kid from UW-Lacrosse (who beat Taplin from UNO in the semis), Wallace took 4th losing to Collum twice, and Hiatt took 6th losing to Slaton, Anson, and then Dennis. In the Open portion, Danny took 2nd, Grimes took 2nd, Castillo took 4th, Andy Hiatt was 6th, Wooten was 3rd, and Nelson was 5th.

We have our big meet against Northwestern on Thursday. They are ranked something like 12th in the country, while we are ranked 25th. I think that if we keep wrestling as well as we have so far, we can pull off the upset. Our guys are prepared for the meet and so are our coaches. I hope that almost all of you can make the meet, as it will be nice if the place is packed. There is a fund-raiser prior to the meet as well with Dennis Hastert(sp.) which will also be nice.

I will be redshirting this year, and I think that the decision is a very smart one. I need the year to keep lifting hard and get bigger, as well as to adapt to the long college season. I also need to keep working on top/bottom and my hand fighting on my feet. Our freshmen class can hopefully stay together and if we do, we will definately be tough.

But for now, I am going to go. Good luck to all high schoolers with the season. It will fly by, so enjoy it. Hope to see you all Thursday night at 7:00 at the Convo Center. Peace and Love

Last edited by admin; 11-29-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-03-2005

Thumbs up The Best!

Duke I heard you work really hard, harder than Danny! Is that True, do you think Danny can get out of legs when I put them in, because I am Nasty on top with legs! Please let me know, But you guys are great, keep up the good work.

Last edited by Danny Burk; 12-05-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Sponsored Links