Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > The Burk Blog

Old 08-13-2006
Varsity

The Burk Blog - First in a while I guess

Hello everyone. I haven't written in a while, so I decided I would let everyone in on my life of the summer. I haven't been all too busy, just been working out and chillin mostly. I worked camps for 3 weeks, and I can say it was a pretty good experience. Since I want to be a coach someday, it helped me out a lot. I stayed in the dorms with the kids, so I got to know many of them really well.

Other than that, working out has been going great. I am finally feeling like I am ready for the best competition. I feel like my size will not be a big factor, and I have worked on the maybe things I needed to. Plus, my stance is finally comfortable for me and my defense is the best it's ever been. I guess that the redshirt year and just working out with such great guys was something that I definately needed. Now, I have about 3 more months before wrestle-offs to get even better. I am weighing around 200 right now, which feels good. I think that it will be easy to make weight and I will have a lot of energy to work with in matches.

I would also like to say some things about how well our guys did this summer for Team IL. Congrats to all of you guys on the both the freestyle and greco teams, you guys were awesome at duals. I hate to admit it, but jealousy set in when I saw you guys won it, but I guess we just didn't get it done and you did. Also, a great Fargo performance to back it up. We are getting our recognition big time nationally now, which is just awesome. We are the best state, and we are proving it, more and more as the years go on. Also, I will give Tyler Clark a good luck as he leaves us for Iowa. It's a good move for his family from what I read. He is a great hardworking kid. I got to know him when we stayed together last summer for a few days before duals, and he is real down to earth. I hope he can tear up IA as well.

Well, I am out of here. I would like to give my shout out to Rat Boy, Sandwich, and Brickhouse. They know who they are. Peace!!!

Last edited by admin; 08-13-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2006
Junior Varsity

200 pounds, wow... How much did you weigh last year at the end of high school?
Old 08-14-2006
Varsity

Eh, end of senior year I probably weighed about 180. At the Kaufman-Brand Open, I weighed about 183, eating 2 dinners the night before weigh in. Ha.
Old 01-15-2007
Varsity

ya thats my bro
Old 02-06-2007

hey i heard you guys were talking about the libertyville freshman team how do they look?

Last edited by smashay1091; 02-06-2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links