Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Freestyle / Greco-Roman

Old 06-13-2019
Varsity

Bey Final X

Kamal Bey’s opponent scored no legal points and was the victor. First was Bey’s lift to throw on side of mat. Opponent posts on face. Should be Caution and 2 for Bey. Later, Bey gets knee picked for 4.

I give Smith credit for great pace and handfighting but there were 6 points from fouling, his only points.

More weird was no notice whatsoever by the refs and no challenges from coaches. Just a weird match that no one really paid attention to because of the attention to Yianni/Zane.
Old 06-13-2019
Crystal Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illifornia View Post
Kamal Bey’s opponent scored no legal points and was the victor. First was Bey’s lift to throw on side of mat. Opponent posts on face. Should be Caution and 2 for Bey. Later, Bey gets knee picked for 4.

I give Smith credit for great pace and handfighting but there were 6 points from fouling, his only points.

More weird was no notice whatsoever by the refs and no challenges from coaches. Just a weird match that no one really paid attention to because of the attention to Yianni/Zane.
I watched it over and over and over and over and backwards and forwards.
I just don't see a OB2R that you suggest on the exchange where Red landed on his back in the protection area. Looks to me like Blue posted on the shoulder. As he was getting thrown, Blue's hand / arm slipped to the neck but that was more incidental, not what I would consider a post. It never went to his face. The official was in correct position and looking right at it. I guess a case could be made for 1R as Blue's foot is the first thing to touch out of bounds before Red's back hits the mat, but that's a difficult call to make when you watch the action come to completion and see Red on his back with Blue on top of him.
Old 06-13-2019
Varsity

I still feel like the Head was turned back, incidental or not should not be allowed if the rules are to be followed. Those calls have to be made erring on the side of the attacker.

Nice point on that 1R though, I didn’t even really think about that. By the rules you can not score from out of bounds so worse case should still have been Bey’s points.
Sponsored Links