Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 02-23-2020
Varsity

Definitely Daugherty IMO
Old 02-23-2020
Varsity

You have to look at who the kids beat also. A guy can set records against weak competition. Jezik beat a nationally ranked kid in the finals. That means a lot when you are talking about the outstanding wrestler.
Old 02-24-2020
Advanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookleft goright View Post
You have to look at who the kids beat also. A guy can set records against weak competition. Jezik beat a nationally ranked kid in the finals. That means a lot when you are talking about the outstanding wrestler.
Jezik is also nationally ranked.
Old 02-24-2020

No love for Will Carlile at 132? The kid beat the number 2, 3 and 4 Place finishers in his bracket. Not to mention beating the number 5 and 6 Place finishers last week at sectionals. NOT TO MENTION defeating not one, but TWO returning state champions on his way to becoming the first state champ in his school’s history. Ethen Doty was ranked number one on the power rankings, so I know if he took the bracket, we would be reading his name right now. How about the guy who beat Doty and Spencer BOTH in the same weekend?
Old 02-24-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklepuck View Post
No love for Will Carlile at 132? The kid beat the number 2, 3 and 4 Place finishers in his bracket. Not to mention beating the number 5 and 6 Place finishers last week at sectionals. NOT TO MENTION defeating not one, but TWO returning state champions on his way to becoming the first state champ in his school’s history. Ethen Doty was ranked number one on the power rankings, so I know if he took the bracket, we would be reading his name right now. How about the guy who beat Doty and Spencer BOTH in the same weekend?
This is it. Kid wrestled his balls off when no one thought he had a chance against spencer let alone Doty. He gets my vote
Old 02-24-2020
Varsity

Deceatis

Deceatis should be up there, I believe he teched and pinned his way to the finals then defeated a returning state champ.
Old 02-25-2020
beauhunter

Tristan Daugherty
Old 02-25-2020

This really just depends what direction you want to go. Most dominant wrestler? Has to be Daugherty, right? Jezik probably had the big match that the most people were looking forward to. So you could go that route as well. But I still think the fact that Carlile beat not one but TWO state champions to become the first in his school’s history?!?! I’m not sure it gets more “outstanding” than that.
Old 02-26-2020

Will Carlile gets my vote
Sponsored Links