Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
MAL, please tell me you don't believe that! Doral occupancy during that time frame is 31% one month and 38% the next month. In other words, without awarding a no-bid contract to himself, he would have a ton of empty rooms. Do you think a person who steals from a charity won't steal from you?

It will be 100% profit lining the pockets of the Criminal-in-Chief, paid for by foreign countries.

And that is unconstitutional.
If he is providing the service at cost, It doesn't matter if the occupancy is over booked at 150%...if he is not actually reducing the rates to cost, it's not his job to prove you right...he is innocent until proven guilty.

He's just toying with you and Nancy...He is probably still laughing so hard that he can't get to sleep.

The purpose of the Emoluments Clause was not intended to mean that a President could not make a profit. If that would have been the original intent, George Washington would have been impeached for selling Whiskey.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
There is a long list of people you have to think are wrong and lying, a longer list than the other side. Conspiracy theories are linked to mental illness - even if 1 out of 100 are true its dangerous to go down that road. Bidens dirty, good -out. Too old anyway, there is a long list of better qualified people. The problems is that Trump took time away from saving us from cancer from windmills to address it, should have better things to do. How much time does he have after tweeting all day?

https://news.avclub.com/george-cloon...out-1834619125

https://www.theonion.com/conspiracy-...3rPqVjSIZuh4eY
"...and they say the noise causes cancer...you tell me that one?"

It doesn't sound like he is saying that windmills cause cancer to me. It sounds like you are misrepresenting his quote.

The blanket charge of "conspiracy theory" tells me that you are ether too lazy or you just can't prove anything that I post as wrong. Please pick one of those documents that I posted and prove it false. You wouldn't have believed that Biden was corrupt if I hadn't shown you the video. Are you afraid to read something that doesn't fit your world view?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
If he is providing the service at cost, It doesn't matter if the occupancy is over booked at 150%...if he is not actually reducing the rates to cost, it's not his job to prove you right...he is innocent until proven guilty.

He's just toying with you and Nancy...He is probably still laughing so hard that he can't get to sleep.

The purpose of the Emoluments Clause was not intended to mean that a President could not make a profit. If that would have been the original intent, George Washington would have been impeached for selling Whiskey.
Senator MAL, I'm afraid that you, although a right honorable gentleman, are wrong. There's no such thing as selling a hotel room "at cost." I worked in night audit at a big hotel after the Army and before school. Big hotels have enormous staffs and enormous staff costs. That includes the undocumented workers that Trump frequently and knowingly hired. There are enormous overhead costs beyond that, including power and water.

With nobody in the rooms, those bills can't be paid.

A place like Doral makes its money during "season." This proposed unconstitutional stay would be out of season. Every penny he gets from those foreign leaders will be gravy in Trump's pocket, offsetting huge expenses, except for the extra hours some on the staff will have to work.

It just amazes me how often Trump hotels seem to win no-bid contracts with the Pence family, the Air Force, the Saudi royal family, the President of Ukraine, and now all of the leaders in the G7.

All unconstitutional.

And by the way, Trump is a liar. I don't believe anything would be "at cost." LMFAO! Tell me you wrote that with a straight face. Tell me. I dare you. You don't think you're being told the truth, do you? Haha!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Senator MAL, I'm afraid that you, although a right honorable gentleman, are wrong. There's no such thing as selling a hotel room "at cost." I worked in night audit at a big hotel after the Army and before school. Big hotels have enormous staffs and enormous staff costs. That includes the undocumented workers that Trump frequently and knowingly hired. There are enormous overhead costs beyond that, including power and water.

With nobody in the rooms, those bills can't be paid.

A place like Doral makes its money during "season." This proposed unconstitutional stay would be out of season. Every penny he gets from those foreign leaders will be gravy in Trump's pocket, offsetting huge expenses, except for the extra hours some on the staff will have to work.

It just amazes me how often Trump hotels seem to win no-bid contracts with the Pence family, the Air Force, the Saudi royal family, the President of Ukraine, and now all of the leaders in the G7.

All unconstitutional.

And by the way, Trump is a liar. I don't believe anything would be "at cost." LMFAO! Tell me you wrote that with a straight face. Tell me. I dare you. You don't think you're being told the truth, do you? Haha!

I would have a hard time believing that there isn't a bean counter in Trumps organization that knows just exactly how much it "costs" to keep the lights on at Doral.

I don't think the President of Ukraine was President of Ukraine at the time of his stay in Trumps hotel...I believe he was just visiting friends in an unofficial visit.

It's a sad state of affairs when a liar is the most honest President we have had in recent history.

I don't care if he makes money from the G8 (don't forget Putin) I don't believe it's a violation of the Emoluments clause. The Emoluments clause was written to prevent the President from being bought or influenced with gifts, bribes or titles from foreign leaders. Even if I conceded that Trump will profit from the event. I don't see how that will influence him in his official capacity.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
I would have a hard time believing that there isn't a bean counter in Trumps organization that knows just exactly how much it "costs" to keep the lights on at Doral.

I don't think the President of Ukraine was President of Ukraine at the time of his stay in Trumps hotel...I believe he was just visiting friends in an unofficial visit.

It's a sad state of affairs when a liar is the most honest President we have had in recent history.

I don't care if he makes money from the G8 (don't forget Putin) I don't believe it's a violation of the Emoluments clause. The Emoluments clause was written to prevent the President from being bought or influenced with gifts, bribes or titles from foreign leaders. Even if I conceded that Trump will profit from the event. I don't see how that will influence him in his official capacity.
That is pretty nihilistic TDS at this point. I put on this site 6 weeks ago Trump would not be the nominee, I wish I put some money down on those odds at time. Nihilistic Trump derangement system is the philosophical viewpoint that rejects, denies, or lacks belief in any or all of the reputedly meaningful Truth other than what comes from the man with 8 bankruptcies, 3 wives, & 23 sexual assault and related cases. He has never explained the information he said he had about President Obama being born in Kenya...or admitted he was wrong...or backed up his windmill cancer claims and others...Would people still believe him without his wig? I doubt it. I do give him credit for taking on China, but not the way he did it. The soybean market in IL will never fully come back.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

AMENDMENT TO ART. 8: VIOLATIONS OF EMOLUMENTS CLAUSE

The defendant has indicated that he is no longer seeking to unconstitutionally enrich himself vis-a-vis holding a future G7 meeting at his own property. That count is stricken from this Article of Impeachment. The other counts alleging violations of the Emoluments Clause remain.

(All the defendant had to do to avoid Impeachment was to not commit so many crimes and violations. Mueller gave the defendant 20 mulligans, but Trump couldn't help himself. As soon as Mueller finished testifying, defendant got on the phone with Ukraine to commit more crimes!)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Chief justice illiniwek: The president read, in detail, your brief regarding using his personal property for the G7 summit. After reading it on matmen, he heeded your warning and has canceled the use of his own personal property.

Also an above poster mentioned how good that pet looks with those crazy odds. When moose knuckle told people to put their money where their mouth‘s were, I was already to come out of a 10 year retirement from gambling! LOL I am serious, I wanted to meet up with him and give him $100. I never force saw everything that has happened since then, but at those eyes what the hell!

Also chief, congratulations on the big win yesterday over Ohio State!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

By the way, I just checked the Vegas line. Those odds are available anymore. Now it is +350. You probably could have gotten better odds on the align I beating Ohio State straight up yesterday. Also, I am not laying or taking bets. I will be watching and rooting for the Bears today. But if I were to bet I would take the Saints +4 points. I hope I’m wrong go Bears!

Current Vegas line: https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/ne...e-1000-to-500/
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

By the way, I really donít think the president was looking to make a buck and using his property. I think it was more of an ego thing. Kind of like that one guy that played against Rodney Dangerfield and Caddyshack at Bushwood. He wanted to take the leaders for a walk and say look at this view. Look at these trophies that I won. Look how great the steaks are. That sort of thing.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
By the way, I really donít think the president was looking to make a buck and using his property. I think it was more of an ego thing. Kind of like that one guy that played against Rodney Dangerfield and Caddyshack at Bushwood. He wanted to take the leaders for a walk and say look at this view. Look at these trophies that I won. Look how great the steaks are. That sort of thing.
Interesting point, oldpioneer! With Trump, it is a very good bet that ego played a factor every time. I see you are smart enough to play the safe bets.

I've heard it argued by others that even if Trump gave the rooms to foreign leaders and their retinues for free, he'd still make millions of dollars worth of advertising and brand promotion.

I don't think he makes it to June 2020. Removal or resignation are my bets.

Finally, others have argued that Trump will stick the secret service and reporters with a huge bill (like he does with his golf trips at his own properties). It's worse than dealing with a used car salesman and having to read the fine print because you might get screwed. It's more like making a deal with the devil because you know you're gonna get screwed.
Sponsored Links