Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Where is Hoselton looking into going to College?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Where is Hoselton looking into going to College?
Brandon, my son is playing football and a junior so taking his/our time with the recruiting side of it. Schools he will probably visit, Iowa, Iowa St, Ohio St and NC St. Several others in the Big Ten also have spoken with me or my son.

Few other surprises at 184 lbs. but not going to discuss right now. Very early in the process.

A few others at Hwt ?

No commitments now but lining up our 1st official in mid November .

Props to NC St. They are very good at the social network recruiting side of it. A 16 year old appreciates hearing he’s wanted via text and in letters. And the photo shop singlet pictures are cool. The Wolfpack have a lot of singlet options.

But it’s all subject to a phone call. And full boats (Wink wink) lol. And being comfortable at the program, partners and with the head coach. Taking LSAT in early November

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by pcc club coach; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:23 PM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Wow, great work raising a successful student athlete. Feeling comfortable with the program and coach is a HUGEEE deal at the next level... Full boats are never a bad time! lol

Any up and comers for the lower weights? Did anyone compete in the offseason for a club team that caught an eye?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Wow, great work raising a successful student athlete. Feeling comfortable with the program and coach is a HUGEEE deal at the next level... Full boats are never a bad time! lol

Any up and comers for the lower weights? Did anyone compete in the offseason for a club team that caught an eye?
Hamilton is a light weight. Throw her in the mix at 106.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc club coach View Post
Brandon, my son is playing football and a junior so taking his/our time with the recruiting side of it. Schools he will probably visit, Iowa, Iowa St, Ohio St and NC St. Several others in the Big Ten also have spoken with me or my son.

Few other surprises at 184 lbs. but not going to discuss right now. Very early in the process.

A few others at Hwt ?

Props to NC St. They are very good at the social network recruiting side of it. A 16 year old appreciates hearing heís wanted via text and in letters. And the photo shop singlet pictures are cool. The Wolfpack have a lot of singlet options.

But itís all subject to a phone call. And full boats (Wink wink) lol. And being comfortable at the program, partners and with the head coach. Taking LSAT in early November

Thanks for asking.
Wow. Those are some big time choices. After you passed on attending Fargo and went to in-state Midwest Nationals instead many thought your sights were set much lower than that.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Who does Westville co-op with?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcher in the Eye View Post
Wow. Those are some big time choices. After you passed on attending Fargo and went to in-state Midwest Nationals instead many thought your sights were set much lower than that.
Brandon didn’t pass on Fargo. He had a commitment to his football coach and teammates. New coach and a New system. Had voluntary practices. So he told his coach he needed 2 weeks off in the summer. For Fargo. At that time he was not on the Junior dual team. A few things happened. And instead Brandon helped out with the junior dual team. He used his 2 weeks up. Plus did rather well at Junior duals, beating the Fargo champ 12-1. But thanks for your concern. Lol. Another clown. We attended the Midwest Nationals to help coach. He wanted to wrestle college level but they wouldn’t let him. Several younger wrestlers he helps coach were at Midwest Nats.

Brandon will do ok with recruiting and rankings. Keep watching flo for us

More people in life should honor their commitments. Like I told the Team Illinois coach, he was hurting our own individual stock to help the team. Luckily with whom he beat at the junior duals, the schools saw enough. And has two more Fargo’s.

Lower ? So many comments I could make. But will take the high road. Brandon’s recruiting and school list is going ok. If we need any advice I will reach out
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:

A few others at Hwt ?

Props to NC St. They are very good at the social network recruiting side of it. A 16 year old appreciates hearing heís wanted via text and in letters. And the photo shop singlet pictures are cool. The Wolfpack have a lot of singlet options.

But itís all subject to a phone call. And full boats (Wink wink) lol. And being comfortable at the program, partners and with the head coach. Taking LSAT in early November

Thanks for asking.
That is awesome! Congrats and enjoy the process. Good luck
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Brandon didnít pass on Fargo. He had a commitment to his football coach and teammates. New coach and a New system. Had voluntary practices. So he told his coach he needed 2 weeks off in the summer. For Fargo. At that time he was not on the Junior dual team. A few things happened. And instead Brandon helped out with the junior dual team. He used his 2 weeks up. Plus did rather well at Junior duals, beating the Fargo champ 12-1. But thanks for your concern. Lol. Another clown. We attended the Midwest Nationals to help coach. He wanted to wrestle college level but they wouldnít let him. Several younger wrestlers he helps coach were at Midwest Nats.

Brandon will do ok with recruiting and rankings. Keep watching flo for us

More people in life should honor their commitments. Like I told the Team Illinois coach, he was hurting our own individual stock to help the team. Luckily with whom he beat at the junior duals, the schools saw enough. And has two more Fargoís.

Lower ? So many comments I could make. But will take the high road. Brandonís recruiting and school list is going ok. If we need any advice I will reach out
Great comeback. You poked the Catcher's eyes out. What's next a Class A comment. Class A is pretty tough this year. Lots of D1 guys in Class A. Outside your regular tough 2A teams, Class A is just as good. As long as a Class A is going out and beating the 2A and 3A kids in the off-season, I don't think the recruiters care what class you are.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Well Said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Campbell View Post
Great comeback. You poked the Catcher's eyes out. What's next a Class A comment. Class A is pretty tough this year. Lots of D1 guys in Class A. Outside your regular tough 2A teams, Class A is just as good. As long as a Class A is going out and beating the 2A and 3A kids in the off-season, I don't think the recruiters care what class you are.
Recruiters only really care about the up-bringing of the wrestler. How he wrestles, what family raised him, grades, brothers and sisters, location of training, and wrestling room(s)... The List goes on..

Any athletes that are wrestlers standing out on the football field? Almost every class A wrestler is in other sports with their school (wrestling, football, baseball, soccer, cross country, mathletes). I literally have no clue who the best football teams in 2a, 3a, and 4a are right now... Remember, Defense wins championships....
Sponsored Links