Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 10-02-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
If it is any solace to you, I get annoyed when people say that Clinton was impeached for a BJ. That is less than accurate. He was impeached for a clear-cut case of perjury. If I had been in the Senate, I would have voted to convict him and remove him from office.

Trump should have been impeached on May 12, 2017, the day after he made the above statement to Lester Holt. He has been a Mafia boss ever since, violating laws left and right. Trump is a cancer and should be removed.
I didn't know that hypocrisy was an impeachable offence.

...and Obama should have been impeached after he sold guns that killed Americans to Mexican drug lords...or when he dropped off $400 million on pallets in the middle of the night to the worlds number one state sponsor of terror...or when he promised Putin more flexibility after his last election, but he wasn't impeached, so we should have equal application of the law.

You don't need a crime to impeach, but you do need the will of the people.
Old 10-02-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
No way. That is what is so crazy, Trump shot himself in the foot going after somebody that was not going to be the nominee. Joe was too old, he helped a better nominee win. Unforced error. Can't his lacky's do his dirty work for him. People are simply tired of him. People get more tweets from him per day than messages from their own kids. Nothing better to do? OK President, but complete weirdo - we can do better.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/01/polit...egs/index.html
People have been predicting Trumps political demise since before he entered the race.

This is funny no matter who you voted for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87UXIH8Lzo
Old 10-02-2019
Olympian

Article Five - Violations of International and State Laws Regarding Children

The United States is a party to the Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees of 1967. The list of rights afforded to refugees can be seen here. The United Nations has seen Trump policy as a "serious" violation of children's rights. This can be established beyond a reasonable doubt.

Additionally, there are ICE detention facilities in every state. Every state also has laws on their books detailing what constitutes the criminal abuse and neglect of children. Let's take Texas as an example:

Quote:
A parent or guardian is responsible for providing safe and adequate food, clothing, shelter, protection, medical care, and supervision for a child, or arranging to have someone else provide these needs. Texas law defines neglect as the failure to meet this responsibility.

It has been well-documented that the Trump administration has unnecessarily separated children from their parents. It has also been well-documented that the Trump administration has argued that Trump detention facilities (aka "Concentration Camps") should not be required to provide soap, toothpaste or toothbrushes to children. It has been well-documented that the Trump administration has argued in court that children sleeping on a concrete floor should meet the requirements of "safe and sanitary."

Ladies and Gentlemen of the ILLINOISMatmen Senate, I would ask for unanimous consent to amend these Articles of Impeachment to make this Article One. There is not a photograph in all of this Trump madness that makes me want to punch somebody more than this one. I won't punch anybody because I'm a proper gentleman, but *%#$!

What I mean is %$#@ and *&%^ and *%$# and @#%&!

Old 10-03-2019
Olympian

Why didn't we impeach Obama for family separation?

https://gop.com/mcclatchy-yes-obama-...he-border-too/
Old 10-03-2019
Olympian

These people are extremely offended by your reckless use of the phrase "Concentration Camps." Make sure that you click on view gallery and all 45 photos. https://allthatsinteresting.com/holocaust-photos#5

Last edited by MAL; 3 Days Ago at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-04-2019
Olympian

The photo that drives you into a near criminal rage is fake news. That woman left her husband and 2 other children with out telling her husband that she was taking their youngest child. The child was not separated from her mother because Trump had already changed the Obama separation policy.

Criminals are always separated from their families when they are captured.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/...-behind-photo/
Old 10-04-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Why didn't we impeach Obama for family separation?

https://gop.com/mcclatchy-yes-obama-...he-border-too/
Because,

President Obama's policy was to separate parents from children when there was proof that the parent was abusing or neglecting the child, just like state law in every state in the country.

Trump's policy was to separate every parent from every child.
Old 10-04-2019
Olympian

Before I read the next Article of Impeachment on the floor of the ILLINOISMatmen Senate, I wanted to note to all present the following:

This is an historic day.

Up until this day, I knew that Trump deserved impeachment and conviction, but I did not know if he would be impeached or convicted. Based upon the events of this day, I now believe that impeachment is guaranteed and that conviction is likely.

My personal theory is that it involves this:

That is the human brain. It has been suggested that even Donald Trump has one. Whenever one lies, there is to be expected activity in the Amygdala. Scientific studies and tests have shown that the more one lies, the less activity you can find in the subject's Amygdala.

A 2005 study published in The British Journal of Psychiatry may contain another answer. The researchers expected to find that the brains of liars were deficient in some respect. What they found, instead, was surplus brain matter.

They selected groups of people from three categories: compulsive liars, antisocial types who didn’t lie as much, and others with no history of compulsive lying or other antisocial behavior. Then, they put all of them (one at a time) through

Quote:
"a magnetic resonance imaging scanner and took pictures of their prefrontal cortex. They chose to focus on this area of the brain because previous studies had shown that the prefrontal cortex plays a role in both lying and in antisocial behaviors.

If you could look into this part of the brain, which sits right behind your forehead, you would see two kinds of matter: gray and white. Gray matter is the groups of brain cells that process information. Most neuroscience studies focus on gray matter. But nearly half the brain is composed of connective tissues that carry electrical signals from one group of neurons to another. This is white matter. Roughly, gray matter is where the processing happens, and white matter connects different parts of the brain, helping us to bring different ideas together.

The liars in Yang's study had on average 22 percent to 26 percent more white matter in their prefrontal cortex than both the normal and antisocial controls."
My theory is that Trump's natural Amygdala response has withered away to nothing because of all the lies that he concocts based upon the extra white matter in his prefrontal cortex. I am not a doctor or a scientist. The only way to test my theory is for Trump to agree to extensive testing, which he would not.

Old 10-04-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
The photo that drives you into a near criminal rage is fake news. That woman left her husband and 2 other children with out telling her husband that she was taking their youngest child. The child was not separated from her mother because Trump had already changed the Obama separation policy.

Criminals are always separated from their families when they are captured.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/...-behind-photo/

I would suggest to the honorable Senator from the Woods that two things happened: (1) The Trump administration knew how damaging that photograph was, and (2) For purely cosmetic and PR reasons they allowed this child to remain with her Mom.

Some photographs don't simply explain what was happening at the time the picture was taken. Some photographs are representational of much greater things. This photograph depicts the cruel and illegal policy to separate parents from children. This is from Wikipedia:

Quote:
The Trump administration family separation policy is an aspect of US President Donald Trump's immigration policy. The policy was presented to the public as a "zero tolerance" approach intended to deter illegal immigration and to encourage tougher legislation. It was adopted across the entire US–Mexico border from April 2018 until June 2018. However, later investigations found that the practice of family separations had begun a year previous to the public announcement. Under the policy, federal authorities separated children from parents or guardians with whom they had entered the US illegally. The adults were prosecuted and held in federal jails, and the children placed under the supervision of the US Department of Health and Human Services.
It is good that somebody in the Trump administration realized that that photograph represented a dark and grievous wound. It is sad that the response was to let one child stay with her Mom, while keeping all of the other children away from their Moms and Dads.

Old 10-04-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post

I would suggest to the honorable Senator from the Woods that two things happened: (1) The Trump administration knew how damaging that photograph was, and (2) For purely cosmetic and PR reasons they allowed this child to remain with her Mom.

Some photographs don't simply explain what was happening at the time the picture was taken. Some photographs are representational of much greater things. This photograph depicts the cruel and illegal policy to separate parents from children. This is from Wikipedia:

It is good that somebody in the Trump administration realized that that photograph represented a dark and grievous wound. It is sad that the response was to let one child stay with her Mom, while keeping all of the other children away from their Moms and Dads.

It's "The Honorable gentleman from the great estate of Kaczynski (in the woods)"

Do you really believe that Trump gave the order to separate families? Trump gave the order to have Illegals detained. ICE, DHS and whoever else is involved just followed protocol. Those policies were not set by Trump...you are giving his "evil" mind too much credit.

I can remember when Obama was in charge of those camps...media was not allowed to take pictures...conservatives were out of their minds with outrage because we were not allowed to see what was going on. It would not have mattered if Trump had a no picture policy...low level deep staters would have produced damaging images for the press anyway.

This woman was deported in 2013(not by Trump), who was president in 2013? But this time she decided to take a 2 year old child on a dangerous journey so she could use the child to gain sympathy. It doesn't sound like the kind of person that we want in this country.
Sponsored Links