Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 13 Hours Ago
Varsity

Parker wins again. It looks like he'll fact Venz from Nebraska. Tough guy, but Emery has beaten him.
Old 13 Hours Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudaman4 View Post
Parker wins again. It looks like he'll fact Venz from Nebraska. Tough guy, but Emery has beaten him.
Nope, it's the Va. Tech guy. Venz was up 4-0 the last time I looked.
Old 10 Hours Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudaman4 View Post
Nope, it's the Va. Tech guy. Venz was up 4-0 the last time I looked.
Emery Parker has the same Will to Survive shared by all of the Anteaters in the world, combined. Think about having to wake up every day knowing that you have to locate and then consume thousands of ants in order to live. Your mouth and jaw are structured in such a way that you cannot deviate from your diet to have a steak or a hamburger or a nice zebra for dinner.

You must eat ants.

You are not only called an "Anteater" because you eat ants, but also because you can only eat ants. Otherwise, you might be called an AntandParfaiteater. Yet, you get up every morning to locate and consume thousands of ants.

Lots of crazy upsets have gone down. I will be back later tonight with an update on the ILLINI Pick'em Contest.

GO EMERY!!!
Old 9 Hours Ago
Olympian

ILLINI PICK'EM CONTEST PRE-FINALS UPDATE

This is the current status of the Pick'em contest, which, of course is subject to change, especially because some of the folks you have picked might not win the championship and earn three points, but they'll still earn one point as a finalist. One interesting factoid is that nobody picked a finalist at 184. We were swept! Here are the current standings based upon potential points:

pudge10-25 points
bwm57-23 points
L'ville Pride-23 points
Crystal Clearly-21 points
Me-21 points
midwest77-20 points
jay31-20 points (I liked the Daniel Lewis pick, but well....)
wrestler-19 points
Ramsey Lewis-17 points

As you can see, pudge10 has stormed into a clear lead. The key to winning the IMAR Rudis hat and bragging rights will be who wins the 133, 141 and 149 championships. pudge10 has Suriano over Fix, McKenna over Yianni and Ashnault over Jordan. On the other hand, bwm57 has Fix as a finalist but not a champ, Yianni over McKenna and Jordan over Ashnault. L'ville Pride could sneak in with wins by Lee, Fix, Ashnault and Berger. Good luck!

GO EMERY!!!
Old 8 Hours Ago
hawkeye 4 life

Wasn’t someone saying the Illini are a top 10 team
Old 7 Hours Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-I-am View Post
Wasn’t someone saying the Illini are a top 10 team
I would guess that over the past 25 years, the ILLINI have, on average, been a top 15 team. Some years worse, others better. One reason is that the institution will not matriculate idiots or psychos. That may be why the University of ILLINOIS starting wrestling team has produced more Pediatricians during the last 25 years than all other B1G schools combined, and that's in conjunction with a bunch of National Champions and All-Americans.

The school motto is "Numquam ullo idiotae aut psychos" for a reason.

GO ILLINI!!!
Sponsored Links