Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 6 Days Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
The government has no business mandating what kind of light bulbs we can use.
You know the reason the President of the United States said he did it is because they "make him look orange". Its always about him, just like at hospital of shooting survives - only talked about himself. Weirdo. There will be no doubt it will be put back when he is ousted in 1 or 5 years. In the meantime, all the old bulbs are on sale, or at least were until this reversal.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...orange-884499/
Old 6 Days Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
They save money and last longer. Why not? Letís bring back leaded gasoline Mal
I am not sure that they last longer..I have had several burn out. If you pay full price the break even point was about 7 years...it may be less now. I have taken LED bulbs back because they did not make it to the 2 year warranty. But that's not the point, the free market should decide which one wins. When the government picks winners and losers, the consumer gets the short end of the stick.
Old 3 Days Ago
Olympian

Colt suspends the manufacture of AR-15s.

Wow.

Brethren and Sisteren, this is big.

I thought that Walmart closing its doors to open-carry enthusiasts was big. (And it was).

I think this is big as well.

Maybe I'll not have to walk these dusty roads forever, preaching about the evil of gunmetal, its siren song, its duplicitous nature. Can a Ghost Preacher cry? We're about to find out.

Last edited by ChiefIllini1; 2 Days Ago at 08:32 PM.
Old 2 Days Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
I am not sure that they last longer..I have had several burn out. If you pay full price the break even point was about 7 years...it may be less now. I have taken LED bulbs back because they did not make it to the 2 year warranty. But that's not the point, the free market should decide which one wins. When the government picks winners and losers, the consumer gets the short end of the stick.
Its not just the market that picks the winners and losers its the people with the most money. Know your history, look at who got rid of the Chicago cable cars. North America has lost 25% of its bird population in 40 years, that is letting the market decide. Won't be long until half the birds in existence as when kids.
Old 1 Day Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Its not just the market that picks the winners and losers its the people with the most money. Know your history, look at who got rid of the Chicago cable cars. North America has lost 25% of its bird population in 40 years, that is letting the market decide. Won't be long until half the birds in existence as when kids.
Your right, I forgot about the cable cars of the late 1800's...wait...what cable cars? I had to look it up...I don't care very much about Chicago. The first search that I found blames market forces for their demise...too expensive.

" within a few years of the installation of the cable car lines, the technology was obsolete. By 1890, transit companies were switching to electric trolley lines, which were cheaper to build, operate, and maintain."

https://interactive.wttw.com/playlis...ten-cable-cars

Isn't it the wind mills that are slicing and dicing the birds, and the solar panels that are cooking them right out of the sky. You are going to have to choose...expensive electricity or birds.
Old 1 Day Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Colt suspends the manufacture of AR-15s.

Wow.

Brethren and Sisteren, this is big.

I thought that Walmart closing its doors to open-carry enthusiasts was big. (And it was).

I think this is big as well.

Maybe I'll not have to walk these dusty roads forever, preaching about the evil of gunmetal, its siren song, its duplicitous nature. Can a Ghost Preacher cry? We're about to find out.

We have been talking about Market forces. If market forces are going to take out the AR15 then I guess that is what it will take to stamp out guns.

You just need to convince all these gangbangers and mass shooters that they can kill more people with something else.
Sponsored Links