Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Archives > Central Illinois Wrestling

Old 10-15-2010
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
It is awful early to take much of a guess at this but I will take a shot at the Mid-Illini

103- ??? Don't know who will return to this weight class?? Rudd for sure if he is 103 again, but I am guessing he will go up. I know Washington's three pounder from last year is going up. Maybe Vicary from Pekin??

112 - Rudd...this is where I am guessing him to be

119 - Vincent Hill or I have heard rumors Gonzalez from EP will be back this year. I also think EP has a pretty good froshie coming in somewhere around this weight class??

125 - Max Burling was here last year and I thought was pretty small, so he could be here again?? Glascock from Morton and McIntosh from Washington are also good possibilities?

130 - Colton Gladwell - Washington. Might be him and Glascock from Morton here?? I would take Gladwell in that one!!

135 - Brandon Rice Washington...noone else I dont think!!

140 - Holeman- Pekin if he is here?? Washington will have a couple pretty good kids competing for this spot possibly. Lamb was there at 140 last year, and I know they have a pretty good transfer that might be up around that weight, but he might end up smaller though.

145 - Holeman- Pekin..this is where I expect him?? If he is not here, then Miller from Metamora or whichever Washington wrestler doesn't make the 140 spot??

152 - Burling - Pekin and Wright - Washington are 1 and 2...where will they be weight class wise though??

160 Reel - Washington - nuff said!!

171 - Massengill - shoulld be the favorite..but how the weight classes shake out over there will tell alot!

189 - Butner - if he is back at this weight?? If not Joseph from EP??

215 - Wide Open

285 - Wide Open
Thanks for the analysis. Looks like you've done some homework. Don't overlook Sneed from Metamora at 135 or thereabouts. He's just a Soph but is very talented. Butner will be back at 189 but Joseph beat him last year. Things can change.
Old 10-15-2010
Varsity

Quote:
It is awful early to take much of a guess at this but I will take a shot at the Mid-Illini

103- ??? Don't know who will return to this weight class?? Rudd for sure if he is 103 again, but I am guessing he will go up. I know Washington's three pounder from last year is going up. Maybe Vicary from Pekin??

119 - Vincent Hill or I have heard rumors Gonzalez from EP will be back this year. I also think EP has a pretty good froshie coming in somewhere around this weight class??

125 - Max Burling was here last year and I thought was pretty small, so he could be here again?? Glascock from Morton and McIntosh from Washington are also good possibilities?

130 - Colton Gladwell - Washington. Might be him and Glascock from Morton here?? I would take Gladwell in that one!!

140 - Holeman- Pekin if he is here?? Washington will have a couple pretty good kids competing for this spot possibly. Lamb was there at 140 last year, and I know they have a pretty good transfer that might be up around that weight, but he might end up smaller though.

145 - Holeman- Pekin..this is where I expect him?? If he is not here, then Miller from Metamora or whichever Washington wrestler doesn't make the 140 spot??

152 - Burling - Pekin and Wright - Washington are 1 and 2...where will they be weight class wise though??

171 - Massengill - shoulld be the favorite..but how the weight classes shake out over there will tell alot!

215 - Wide Open

285 - Wide Open
I agree with all of these, but all depends on their weight classes this year. Who knows on 103, Rudd and Hill are solid choices from Morton at 112/119, from 125-189 wrestlers will probably start the season a little higher with a lot of football players coming in after the playoffs. I have a feeling Metamora may cover 189 and 215 with EP and Morton a close 2nd. HWT is wide open I agree.
With that said, the log jam from 125-171 at Washington gives them 10 good wrestlers for 7 weight classes. A reel nice problem to have. I see them using a lot of different line-ups and will create some reel match-up problems for the other Mid-ILLINI teams.

Some of the wrestlers to watch for that haven't been mentioned:
Cory Belles Canton
Austin Wileman Washington
Bryce Vaughn Canton
Xavier Sneed Metamora
Alec Geiger Morton
Jesse Mulligan Canton
Jeremy Gumm East Peoria
Jake Yost Limestone
Ryan McGowan Metamora

Last edited by Grandpa Knows; 10-27-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Knows View Post
I agree with all of these, but all depends on their weight classes this year. Who knows on 103, Rudd and Hill are solid choices from Morton at 112/119, from 125-189 wrestlers will probably start the season a little higher with a lot of football players coming in after the playoffs. I have a feeling Metamora may cover 189 and 215 with EP and Morton a close 2nd. HWT is wide open I agree.
With that said, the log jam from 125-171 at Washington gives them 9 good wrestlers for 7 weight classes. A reel nice problem to have. I see them using a lot of different line-ups and will create some reel match-up problems for the other Mid-ILLINI teams.

Some of the wrestlers to watch for that haven't been mentioned:
Cory Belles Canton
Austin Wileman Washington
Bryce Vaughn Canton
Xavier Sneed Metamora
Alec Geiger Morton
Jesse Mulligan Canton
Jeremy Gumm East Peoria
Jake Yost Limestone
Ryan McGowan Metamora
Geiger moved to Normal Comm.
Old 10-15-2010
Varsity

Quote:

215 - Wide Open

285 - Wide Open
I hear EPs frosh will be closer to 103.
Old 10-21-2010
Varsity

Send a message via AIM to WashingtonWrestler135
Quote:

215 - Wide Open

285 - Wide Open

im pretty sure miller from metamora graduated last year...could be wrong though. but do know he didnt finish the out the season last year for his reasons not sure he would be back this year but about 95% sure he graduated last year
Old 10-22-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashingtonWrestler135 View Post
im pretty sure miller from metamora graduated last year...could be wrong though. but do know he didnt finish the out the season last year for his reasons not sure he would be back this year but about 95% sure he graduated last year
Metamora had Devin Miller and Marcus Miller last year. Devin graduated. Marcus will be a junior this year, wrestled 145 last year as a sophmore and was a sectional qualifier with around 27 wins.
Sponsored Links