Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 12-22-2010
Olympian

Maybe.... Maybe not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
I believe Keopke will have his first defeat of the year tomorrow morning. He is a very solid wrestler but Brookes is at another level.

All I know is he undefeated and he will be there to toe the line in the SEmi-finals that he wasn't supposed to see because of all the fat worms......LOL
Old 12-22-2010
Olympian

let me understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
Yea, I know SON...respect is a two-way street...GL to Scales and Koepke in the semis...
Son?

Wasn't there some expert on this board predicting that not one Hersey wrestler would make the semis? Who was that wrestling Nostradumbash again that predicted Hersey wrestlers would fail?

It seems to me that someone that gets schooled shouldn't refer to the teacher as "son"?
Old 12-23-2010
BogheadTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Cardinal View Post
All I know is he undefeated and he will be there to toe the line in the SEmi-finals that he wasn't supposed to see because of all the fat worms......LOL

EC:I respect you. Sammie was above your man last year, and he has only improved. Brooks WILL show his dominance tomorrow.
Old 12-23-2010
Obi-Wan Kenobi

"son"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Son?

Wasn't there some expert on this board predicting that not one Hersey wrestler would make the semis? Who was that wrestling Nostradumbash again that predicted Hersey wrestlers would fail?

It seems to me that someone that gets schooled shouldn't refer to the teacher as "son"?
After these messages, we'll be riiiiiight back!

A PSA from PBS:
The term is not typically used to show any lack of respect. Its east coast urban slang. Equivalent to "man" or "dude". Through hip hop and pop culture the term is being used more in other areas of the country.

When I was growing up, the Chicago equivalent was "Joe". I'm sure EC and others can attest to how silly we sounded calling everybody "Joe".

And now back to the show.
Old 12-23-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post

A PSA from PBS:
The term is not typically used to show any lack of respect. Its east coast urban slang. Equivalent to "man" or "dude". Through hip hop and pop culture the term is being used more in other areas of the country.

When I was growing up, the Chicago equivalent was "Joe". I'm sure EC and others can attest to how silly we sounded calling everybody "Joe".

Ok but if used with a mocking connotation does it show respect? I don't think he had respect in mind when he wrote that sentence....IMO
Old 12-23-2010
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunt67 View Post
Ok but if used with a mocking connotation does it show respect? I don't think he had respect in mind when he wrote that sentence....IMO
EC said it 1st. I think mckbln took it as a sign of disrespect and used the term mockingly in his response.

EC meant no harm and I think mckbln took offense to the use. I thought I'd educate him and everyone else because he didn't sound to chipper in his response. My attempt at peacemaking.
Old 12-23-2010
Olympian

He should have taken offense

Quote:
EC said it 1st. I think mckbln took it as a sign of disrespect and used the term mockingly in his response.

EC meant no harm and I think mckbln took offense to the use. I thought I'd educate him and everyone else because he didn't sound to chipper in his response. My attempt at peacemaking.
EC violated forum rules. Mckbln is never wrong, no matter how absurd the statement. It does not matter that the 2 Hersey wrestlers made the semis. They didn't b/c mckbln said they wouldn't. Admitting he was wrong would be a sign of the apocalypse. He is never wrong. If facts show otherwise, then they are wrong. By the way Scales and Koepke only seem like they made the semis, I am sure there is an excuse why this would seem to be the case. I am pretty sure that is in the forum rules. Boy are those kids going to be disappointed that they did not make the semis. Now back to baseless OPRF excuses. Watch yourself EC.
Old 12-23-2010
Varsity

Beautiful....

Quote:

A PSA from PBS:

Great post, nice light tone...thanks!!
Old 12-23-2010
Varsity

Pretty funny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanging out in Cali View Post
EC violated forum rules. Mckbln is never wrong, no matter how absurd the statement. It does not matter that the 2 Hersey wrestlers made the semis. They didn't b/c mckbln said they wouldn't. Admitting he was wrong would be a sign of the apocalypse. He is never wrong. If facts show otherwise, then they are wrong. By the way Scales and Koepke only seem like they made the semis, I am sure there is an excuse why this would seem to be the case. I am pretty sure that is in the forum rules. Boy are those kids going to be disappointed that they did not make the semis. Now back to baseless OPRF excuses. Watch yourself EC.
I already got two great laughs out of 5 mins on the board...nice work Cali and PBS...thanks guys
Old 12-23-2010
Varsity

Send a message via AIM to WashingtonWrestler135
dumb question but when do the finals start?