Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Exclamation Surprised that this hasn't been mentioned.....

So at the last IKWF BOARD meeting double elimination was passed for all events related to the State Series meaning Regional-Sectionals-Rockford.

Since Regionals was already double elimination nothing new there but for Sectionals expect to add 90 minutes to an additional 2 hours to that day depending on the number of additional mats added if possible.

As far a Rockford goes all the pomp and circumstance stay in the morning March and the stage on Saturday. Expect the breaks to be much shorter and the sessions to start earlier and end later.

Some getting use to and kinks to be worked out in the coming years but definitely the right move going with full double elimination.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Know View Post
So at the last IKWF BOARD meeting double elimination was passed for all events related to the State Series meaning Regional-Sectionals-Rockford.

Since Regionals was already double elimination nothing new there but for Sectionals expect to add 90 minutes to an additional 2 hours to that day depending on the number of additional mats added if possible.

As far a Rockford goes all the pomp and circumstance stay in the morning March and the stage on Saturday. Expect the breaks to be much shorter and the sessions to start earlier and end later.

Some getting use to and kinks to be worked out in the coming years but definitely the right move going with full double elimination.
Posted this a week ago.

Quote:
Happy to report that I've been told that double-elimination has been approved for IKWF State.
Long overdue.

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon
Old 1 Week Ago

Curious if any other information regarding new the double elimination brackets for the state tournament was mentioned at the meeting?
Cross bracketing after a loss? After a particular round?
Walk-overs?
Old 6 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Grappple View Post
Curious if any other information regarding new the double elimination brackets for the state tournament was mentioned at the meeting?
Cross bracketing after a loss? After a particular round?
Walk-overs?
Honestly I can't remember what was actually decided. There were discussions about when the brackets crossed and walk overs. I am pretty sure that walk overs were staying.
Old 3 Days Ago
Varsity

I love the IKWF march of participants! Start that at 615am so we dont get off schedule!
Old 3 Days Ago
Varsity

My favorite part of the state weekend was when IKWF took about 40 minutes prior to finals to pat two honorees on the back. I surely hope they don’t do away with that tradition.
Sponsored Links