Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 12-30-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3534 View Post
I think it's comical how Washington isn't still the team to beat! 4 time defending champs and some hammers in the lineup......by the end of year should be great to watch!!!!
I see Joliet Catholic being a tough team for Washington to beat. I am not sure when they meet up, They're both in same Sectional. Washington has some horses but some holes too. Washington is a little like OPRF this year. A really good tourney team.
Nash for Lemont has been a horse in past. He is filling in at 126 the word is out. The kid that placed at 113 at Hinsdale, I heard has wrestled 106 this year. In the upper weights, I believe they have an IKWF state champ a couple years ago missing. Plus another State Qualifier at 120 or so missing too.

Marian Central has a great team too. I just not so sure about team depth throughout lineup. An odds and even flip could hurt them. Only time will tell. Even if Washington wins it this year, it will be the most interesting year in 2A in a long time!
Old 12-30-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mencoe View Post
Yes OPRF "much better". That's why I agree with the statement. Lemont is the team to beat in 2A. I'm Guessing Lemont wins VS OPRF with there full line up. IDK but it looks like they were short 3 wrestlers. At 113 a Dvorak placer at 126 #4 Nash and a FF at 195.
Shiffman a state qualifier last year was missing too. I just looked it up in brackets from last year. Will he be 120 or 113, we will see
Old 12-30-2019

I think it's funny also how everyone is just itching for new champ. Championship still goes through Washington
Old 12-30-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deholub23 View Post
I think it's funny also how everyone is just itching for new champ. Championship still goes through Washington
Washington had the itch when Montini was in 2A
Old 12-31-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
Lemont is a good team. But OPRF has 5 dual losses.They aren't what they used to be. Aurora Christian who is in 2A beat them this year. Does that make Aurora favorites? No

Lemont was missing 3 starters a few weeks ago at Plainfield East and beat AC.

Lemont was missing 3 starters at Hinsdale and placed 2nd.

Lemont was missing 4 starters this past weekend at Flavin and came down to the last match vs a much improved OPRF.

Not crowning them 2A champs just yet, but I'm assuming Lemont will be in the conversation in February.
Old 12-31-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Lemont was missing 3 starters a few weeks ago at Plainfield East and beat AC.

Lemont was missing 3 starters at Hinsdale and placed 2nd.

Lemont was missing 4 starters this past weekend at Flavin and came down to the last match vs a much improved OPRF.

Not crowning them 2A champs just yet, but I'm assuming Lemont will be in the conversation in February.
If Lemont can get to full strength I give them the nod over Marian Central. Lemont wrestles a much tougher schedule than Marian. Those tough matches will prove invaluable when the season is on the line in Bloomington.

I would like to see how Marian would stack up at a tough tournament. Wish they would go to a Dvorak, Whitlach or Flavin. Outside of their dual with Huntley, they don't really wrestle a challenging schedule.
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETOFFYOURHIP View Post
If Lemont can get to full strength I give them the nod over Marian Central. Lemont wrestles a much tougher schedule than Marian. Those tough matches will prove invaluable when the season is on the line in Bloomington.

I would like to see how Marian would stack up at a tough tournament. Wish they would go to a Dvorak, Whitlach or Flavin. Outside of their dual with Huntley, they don't really wrestle a challenging schedule.
Wow, for such a good deep team, I am surprised by how soft their dual schedule is. Even the ESCL is way down. It will be a two horse dual with them and JCA
Old 12-31-2019
Junior Varsity

This is fun. So much Lemont talk.
Old 12-31-2019
Junior Varsity

Marist isn't quite dead yet.
Old 12-31-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETOFFYOURHIP View Post
Lemont is a really good team. Marian Central and Lemont are both at the Batavia tournament in a few weeks. We'll see how they stack up against each other then.
Lemont isnt going to Batavia this season. They are going to Bettendorf, Iowa Tournament instead.
Sponsored Links