Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
The government has no business mandating what kind of light bulbs we can use.
You know the reason the President of the United States said he did it is because they "make him look orange". Its always about him, just like at hospital of shooting survives - only talked about himself. Weirdo. There will be no doubt it will be put back when he is ousted in 1 or 5 years. In the meantime, all the old bulbs are on sale, or at least were until this reversal.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...orange-884499/
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
They save money and last longer. Why not? Letís bring back leaded gasoline Mal
I am not sure that they last longer..I have had several burn out. If you pay full price the break even point was about 7 years...it may be less now. I have taken LED bulbs back because they did not make it to the 2 year warranty. But that's not the point, the free market should decide which one wins. When the government picks winners and losers, the consumer gets the short end of the stick.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Colt suspends the manufacture of AR-15s.

Wow.

Brethren and Sisteren, this is big.

I thought that Walmart closing its doors to open-carry enthusiasts was big. (And it was).

I think this is big as well.

Maybe I'll not have to walk these dusty roads forever, preaching about the evil of gunmetal, its siren song, its duplicitous nature. Can a Ghost Preacher cry? We're about to find out.

Last edited by ChiefIllini1; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:32 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
I am not sure that they last longer..I have had several burn out. If you pay full price the break even point was about 7 years...it may be less now. I have taken LED bulbs back because they did not make it to the 2 year warranty. But that's not the point, the free market should decide which one wins. When the government picks winners and losers, the consumer gets the short end of the stick.
Its not just the market that picks the winners and losers its the people with the most money. Know your history, look at who got rid of the Chicago cable cars. North America has lost 25% of its bird population in 40 years, that is letting the market decide. Won't be long until half the birds in existence as when kids.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Its not just the market that picks the winners and losers its the people with the most money. Know your history, look at who got rid of the Chicago cable cars. North America has lost 25% of its bird population in 40 years, that is letting the market decide. Won't be long until half the birds in existence as when kids.
Your right, I forgot about the cable cars of the late 1800's...wait...what cable cars? I had to look it up...I don't care very much about Chicago. The first search that I found blames market forces for their demise...too expensive.

" within a few years of the installation of the cable car lines, the technology was obsolete. By 1890, transit companies were switching to electric trolley lines, which were cheaper to build, operate, and maintain."

https://interactive.wttw.com/playlis...ten-cable-cars

Isn't it the wind mills that are slicing and dicing the birds, and the solar panels that are cooking them right out of the sky. You are going to have to choose...expensive electricity or birds.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post

Wow.

I thought that Walmart closing its doors to open-carry enthusiasts was big. (And it was).

Maybe I'll not have to walk these dusty roads forever, preaching about the evil of gunmetal, its siren song, its duplicitous nature. Can a Ghost Preacher cry? We're about to find out.

We have been talking about Market forces. If market forces are going to take out the AR15 then I guess that is what it will take to stamp out guns.

You just need to convince all these gangbangers and mass shooters that they can kill more people with something else.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:

Wow.

Did you realize that more than 4 times as many people are murdered with knives than are murdered with AR15's? More people are murdered with bare hands than are murdered with rifles. If you truly believe gun bans will save lives, then you should focus on banning Hand guns. Good luck.

Last edited by MAL; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:17 PM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Did you realize that more than 4 times as many people are murdered with knives than are murdered with AR15's? More people are murdered with bare hands than are murdered rifles. If you truly believe gun bans will save lives, then you should focus on banning Hand guns. Good luck.
Your right. Its too late, they will never solve this issue. We will always have a violent society - with guns, but still not a good reason to get a gun unless you are wanting to invest all of the time and money to do it right - which is significant, and statistically not likely to help you. They didn't even bother to go get the guns from the felon that killed the 6 people in Aurora this year and the authorities knew he had them. Nobody wants to go collecting guns from gun people. It was fun to see all the people who got in deep trouble for threatening Beto, even other people in the government.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

(continued sermon on the topic of the NRA)

BROTHERS AND SISTERS! I am weary down to my ghost bones from walking dusty roads, mile after mile, preaching the evil of gunmetal. But I see a light at the end of my personal tunnel. Salvation.

But in order to obtain salvation, I have been tasked with preaching the dangers of the NRA.

What can you say about an organization that took in about $30 million in Russian money and then gave about $30 million to help the Trump campaign?

What can you say about an organization that was buying a multi-million dollar mansion for one of its executives until that came to light?

What can you say about an organization that tweets a glamour photo of the very same gun that killed those kids at Parkland on the day that students nationwide walked out of class in protest? This one here:

What can you say about an organization that had multiple entanglements with convicted Russian spy Maria Butina?

What can you say, BRETHERN AND SISTEREN, about an organization that is so greedy, bloodthirsty, without a moral code, that Board members are leaving because of the smell?

If you are a conman and a grifter like me, you say, SALUTE!, Hee-Haw style. You will not meet more weaselly or dead-eyed and dead-souled people on the planet. Just my type! But I have to convince you folks that the NRA is deadly dangerous for my own Salvation. So, please, my friends, say a "No Guns" for me in your prayers.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
(continued sermon on the topic of the NRA)

BROTHERS AND SISTERS! I am weary down to my ghost bones from walking dusty roads, mile after mile, preaching the evil of gunmetal. But I see a light at the end of my personal tunnel. Salvation.

But in order to obtain salvation, I have been tasked with preaching the dangers of the NRA.

What can you say about an organization that took in about $30 million in Russian money and then gave about $30 million to help the Trump campaign?

What can you say about an organization that was buying a multi-million dollar mansion for one of its executives until that came to light?

What can you say about an organization that tweets a glamour photo of the very same gun that killed those kids at Parkland on the day that students nationwide walked out of class in protest? This one here:

What can you say about an organization that had multiple entanglements with convicted Russian spy Maria Butina?

What can you say, BRETHERN AND SISTEREN, about an organization that is so greedy, bloodthirsty, without a moral code, that Board members are leaving because of the smell?

If you are a conman and a grifter like me, you say, SALUTE!, Hee-Haw style. You will not meet more weaselly or dead-eyed and dead-souled people on the planet. Just my type! But I have to convince you folks that the NRA is deadly dangerous for my own Salvation. So, please, my friends, say a "No Guns" for me in your prayers.
Sure, its illegal to take foreign money for a presidential campaign, but unfortunately "there is no controlling legal authority"...It worked for Al Gore.

NRA members are not the ones murdering people. How could you have no criticism for the sick, evil, twisted killers that pull the trigger.

For the sake of a thought exercise, I will demonstrate how I could make you a pro gun member of the NRA. I am not going to waste any time. I will start with water boarding, but you are a stronger man than that...there is no torture that can make you turn your back on your convictions. Now I am going to step it up a notch. I could threaten you with life in prison, but you just put your hands out and said "lock me up"...but at that moment I notice your weakness...your loved ones start crying...you know what I am thinking...and you just cant bear the thought of it, so you ask me for the paper work and hand me your dues. On the outside chance that it didn't work...well...your already dead so I will just put it on your tombstone.

If I can make you a card carrying member of the NRA there must be something we could do to change the hearts and minds of killers. I have quite a few suggestions of my own, but with your high level of intelligence, you certainly should be able to think of a better idea than me.

Last edited by MAL; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:12 AM.
Sponsored Links