Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 09-05-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Sounds like we have a winner. Order up some Ankle bracelets. That is a tax that I would be willing to pay.
This was more than 10 years ago. I think they have them already.
Old 09-06-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
This was more than 10 years ago. I think they have them already.
Good, all we need to do is start using them. Convicts get some bling for their ankles for a very very long time. Another problem solved.
Old 09-07-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Chicago proves that Criminals don't obey laws...they will do what ever it takes to get what they want. I agree that we need to get guns off the street...from the criminals. If you take guns from the good guys, it will do more harm than good...there will be more dead good guys.
Yes, that is why it is just like that in 194 other countries...wait, they are not like that. While in the US we have a mass shooting every 13 days. There are good arguments for guns, that is not one of them because there are not too many people arguing to only take guns from good people. Currently the NRA is protecting bad policy as a hedge against any change. Its just about money.
Old 09-07-2019
Olympian

FYI, there is a video surfacing that shows a guy being told he is no longer welcome in Walmart nationwide because he had a gun on his hip. The officer was explaining that because of recent events you could understand why people called and he had to leave. Which one is right?
Old 09-07-2019
Olympian

Quote:
FYI, there is a video surfacing that shows a guy being told he is no longer welcome in Walmart nationwide because he had a gun on his hip. The officer was explaining that because of recent events you could understand why people called and he had to leave. Which one is right?
Stores can set the policy if they want. You can't bring them into courts and congress, if its good enough for them...I have no problem with guns. It was a well known issue of corporate welfare that in towns with Walmarts that the police might as well just keep a cop there because they are there so much for calls. Just like McDonalds has the government or others pay their employees healthcare by keeping most people part-time hours. The US citizens pay that so might as well do semi-universal so that not just the corporations benefit. US not ready for full universal coverage. The US is different in that money talks louder here.
Old 09-07-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Yes, that is why it is just like that in 194 other countries...wait, they are not like that. While in the US we have a mass shooting every 13 days. There are good arguments for guns, that is not one of them because there are not too many people arguing to only take guns from good people. Currently the NRA is protecting bad policy as a hedge against any change. Its just about money.
What??? Chicago has the problems that it has because of policies that Chicago has implemented. If it is so easy to get guns in Indiana, and Chicago would not have Gun violence if Indiana had the same gun laws that Illinois has, why doesn't Indiana have the same murder rate as Illinois? It should be higher if they don't even have to go out of state to get guns. Chicago is the reason Chicago has problems. Chicago is a good example of how not to run a city, if you don't want gun violence.

You keep trying to paint the United States as the most dangerous place on the planet when the facts are easy to look up. There are 88 countries that you are more likely to be murdered in than the United states. You are using facts very loosely without any context or perspective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

...and what is it that other countries are doing that we should be doing? Assault weapons ban? More good people have assault weapons than bad people...so in that scenario you would be taking more guns from good people than bad people. The good people have done nothing to justify taking away their constitutional rights.
Old 09-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
What??? Chicago has the problems that it has because of policies that Chicago has implemented. If it is so easy to get guns in Indiana, and Chicago would not have Gun violence if Indiana had the same gun laws that Illinois has, why doesn't Indiana have the same murder rate as Illinois? It should be higher if they don't even have to go out of state to get guns. Chicago is the reason Chicago has problems. Chicago is a good example of how not to run a city, if you don't want gun violence.

You keep trying to paint the United States as the most dangerous place on the planet when the facts are easy to look up. There are 88 countries that you are more likely to be murdered in than the United states. You are using facts very loosely without any context or perspective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

...and what is it that other countries are doing that we should be doing? Assault weapons ban? More good people have assault weapons than bad people...so in that scenario you would be taking more guns from good people than bad people. The good people have done nothing to justify taking away their constitutional rights.
Sounds like you are saying there is no problem. Its all relative, but your arguments are bad. Gary Indiana #3, Chicago #24 in murder rate = your Indiana argument is bad. Chicago is larger, and cares more. You are more likely to get murdered using a gun in Red counties than Blue. That was posted long ago. You also compared the US to 3rd world nations, when compared to developed nations the US - nobody comes close to the US. By your analogy the Illini are a great football team because they are better than high school teams. I have no problems with guns, the murder rate is the cost of freedom. No reason to lie about it though. When people care enough to come up with the cash to bribe congress more than the NRA which is 75% funded by gun makers it will change, til that happens talk is cheap. I also have no problem with making our gun laws like countries that have hunting and less mass murders, seems like common sense.

https://mises.org/wire/mistake-only-...oped-countries

https://madison.com/news/national/th...09b9a57.html#8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-seQEwN3BM
Old 09-08-2019
Olympian

The Walmart incident was in Lexington Kentucky the guy was filming Facebook live to capture all of it. But the Walmart says that he sat down in a lawnchair in front of the gun counter and press the help button five consecutive times and no one came to help him. Walmart said no one wanted to go over by him because of the gun. I have press the help button in fishing places and was sort of annoyed if there was a lawnchair there I probably would’ve sent out to all I wanted was my fishing license But I think what is interesting is the police officer said look you can understand the concern after recent events. Again, my question is how long should people wait to start walking into Walmart again with guns on them.?
Old 09-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
The Walmart incident was in Lexington Kentucky the guy was filming Facebook live to capture all of it. But the Walmart says that he sat down in a lawnchair in front of the gun counter and press the help button five consecutive times and no one came to help him. Walmart said no one wanted to go over by him because of the gun. I have press the help button in fishing places and was sort of annoyed if there was a lawnchair there I probably would’ve sent out to all I wanted was my fishing license But I think what is interesting is the police officer said look you can understand the concern after recent events. Again, my question is how long should people wait to start walking into Walmart again with guns on them.?
Never, guns open carry no longer allowed. Its a shame it take 100's of shootings to figure it out.

Are they legally allowed to do this?
Yes. While laws vary from state to state, businesses are generally allowed to ban people from bringing certain items into their locations.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ns/2210037001/
Old 09-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Sounds like you are saying there is no problem. Your the one saying 10,000 murders per year is just the cost of freedom Its all relative, but your arguments are bad. Gary Indiana #3, Chicago #24 in murder rate = your Indiana argument is bad. Chicago is larger, and cares more. You are more likely to get murdered using a gun in Red counties than Blue. That was posted long ago. You also compared the US to 3rd world nations, when compared to developed nations the US - nobody comes close to the US. By your analogy the Illini are a great football team because they are better than high school teams. I have no problems with guns, the murder rate is the cost of freedom. No reason to lie about it though. When people care enough to come up with the cash to bribe congress more than the NRA which is 75% funded by gun makers it will change, til that happens talk is cheap. I also have no problem with making our gun laws like countries that have hunting and less mass murders, seems like common sense.

https://mises.org/wire/mistake-only-...oped-countries
I think you forgot to read this link before you posted it.
https://madison.com/news/national/th...09b9a57.html#8

Chicago 765 murders, Gary 46 murders almost 30 percent of the murders on that list are in Chicago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-seQEwN3BMSounds normal, if you are a crazy Democrat that assaults Republicans, you can have guns
Chicago vs Gary?...now you are just cherry picking stats. You have been blaming Chicago's murder rate on Indiana, not Gary. To test that theory, you need to compare the murder rate in Illinois vs Indiana...and that is giving you the benefit of the doubt because of Chicago's unusually high murder rate will be averaged with the rest of the state of Illinois...but in 2017(the latest FBI statistics) Illinois had a higher homicide rate than Indiana. http://worldpopulationreview.com/sta...rate-by-state/
In fact there were more homicides in Chicago (650 homicides ) than the entire state of Indiana(456 homicides). In that same year the entire state of Illinois had 1120 homicides...so by your logic, Chicago, a city with a population of 2.7 million in a state that has a population of 12.7 million, you are more likely to be shot in a Republican county in southern Illinois when more than half of the homicides are in Chicago...huh...something doesn't add up here.

Murder rates have been going down since 2017(at the same time that gun ownership has been going up) so those number are subject to adjustments, but when you start looking at real numbers logically, your arguments fall apart. I could also show you that countries with restrictive gun laws have more violent crime.

What do you have against punishing the people that commit the crime instead of everybody else?

Last edited by MAL; 09-08-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Sponsored Links