Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 3 Days Ago
Olympian

The trade war

You know, this morning when I was having my coffee I was thinking about something. The American Farmer is hurting right now because they have either not planted crops yet or they are dying on the vine because of this. The one S that we have that not one other country on the planet has is an abundance of fertile soil and clean freshwater. What China has Is a massive population in need of those crops. What exactly are we fighting for?
Old 2 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
You know, this morning when I was having my coffee I was thinking about something. The American Farmer is hurting right now because they have either not planted crops yet or they are dying on the vine because of this. The one S that we have that not one other country on the planet has is an abundance of fertile soil and clean freshwater. What China has Is a massive population in need of those crops. What exactly are we fighting for?
"We" are fighting so Trump can say HE "won" the trade war.

Too bad the "victory" comes at the cost of the economy, jobs, the "middle-class", and the American farmers.
I purposely used quotes around middle-class because it has become an ever-shrinking shadow of itself since Reaganomics and his BS trickle-down scam.
Old 18 Hours Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clearly View Post

Too bad the "victory" comes at the cost of the economy, jobs, the "middle-class", and the American farmers.
I purposely used quotes around middle-class because it has become an ever-shrinking shadow of itself since Reaganomics and his BS trickle-down scam.
"Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening," Trump said in July 2018. "Just stick with us, don't believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news."
Old 14 Hours Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
You have a misconception about today's farmers. The are all rich. There is a trend of farmers moving off the farm...their farms are so big that they have to drive to work anyway. I live on waterfront property(in Ted's cabin). My next door neighbor was a farmer, he paid cash for the house and he had a $250,000 dollar boat. When he moved he bought another home on the water for $750,000...and paid cash. There is a new neighbor in the neighborhood...he is a farmer also. He paid cash for a $500,000 home, and added a $100,000 dock and bought a new ski boat, fishing boat and a jet ski to park at his new dock. You don't need to feel sorry for the farmers.

China has been beating us at trade by a five to one ratio. They have been stealing our technology and manipulating their currency. Why don't we just wait and see what kind of deal that Trump comes away with.
Old 14 Hours Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clearly View Post

There are more jobs than there are unemployed workers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/10/jolt...nemployed.html

Black unemployment is a record low.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/07/blac...this-year.html

The middle class gets eaten up by government spending, but the farmer are still buying new tractors.

https://www.agupdate.com/news/compan...2d04c575b.html

Last edited by MAL; 14 Hours Ago at 11:15 PM.
Old 7 Hours Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
You have a misconception about today's farmers. The are all rich. There is a trend of farmers moving off the farm...their farms are so big that they have to drive to work anyway. I live on waterfront property(in Ted's cabin). My next door neighbor was a farmer, he paid cash for the house and he had a $250,000 dollar boat. When he moved he bought another home on the water for $750,000...and paid cash. There is a new neighbor in the neighborhood...he is a farmer also. He paid cash for a $500,000 home, and added a $100,000 dock and bought a new ski boat, fishing boat and a jet ski to park at his new dock. You don't need to feel sorry for the farmers.

China has been beating us at trade by a five to one ratio. They have been stealing our technology and manipulating their currency. Why don't we just wait and see what kind of deal that Trump comes away with.
https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-produc...d-farm-income/

No facts as usual. Basing a bad statement on one neighbor who probably loves discussing his finances with you. Do you have TRS? Trumps own gov'ts data above sais 75K ave income and that is because most have a 2nd job - commonly driving trucks, etc. The most disturbing thing you have ever said is that you returned a lightbulb because it didn't last 2 years. You got a free lightbulb and still complaining. Sure, keep govt out of the market, sure no FDA, let your food safety be determined by who survives - that is letting the market decide. And yes, I de-tassled corn and walked beans - but still would at least look up some facts. You won't have to worry about them making too much anymore, they are burning down the Amazon to plant soy beans thanks to our temp. President. - And Trump said the light bulb thing was because they make him look orange, that is the story.