Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Archives > Central Illinois Wrestling

Old 10-01-2010
Varsity

Early predictions

I know its still early,but lets have some early predictions on Mid-Illini and Mid-State 6. How about Peoria Central are they going to be improved with the addition of some ex-woodruff wrestlers and a new coach?
Old 10-01-2010
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstate View Post
I know its still early,but lets have some early predictions on Mid-Illini and Mid-State 6. How about Peoria Central are they going to be improved with the addition of some ex-woodruff wrestlers and a new coach?
I would think Central will be much improved for both of the reasons mentioned.
Old 10-02-2010
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenskin View Post
I would think Central will be much improved for both of the reasons mentioned.
It has been a long time since Central has had a good wrestling team. I can remember they were pretty decent back in the early 80s and late 70s.Especially the heavier weights.
Old 10-02-2010
Olympian

most of Peoria Central's best athletes are struggling too just stay in school. It's rough in that part of town.
Old 10-03-2010
Varsity

Last year Central was led by Tyjavius Johnson, who will be a senior this year, and a regional champ last year at 145. With a new coach and some new athletes in the school, their practice room should have some new faces in it this year.
Old 10-03-2010
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Knows View Post
Last year Central was led by Tyjavius Johnson, who will be a senior this year, and a regional champ last year at 145. With a new coach and some new athletes in the school, their practice room should have some new faces in it this year.
I attended Manual High for 4 years in the early 70s. It's tough to fill a line up. It's always been that way with Peoria schools.
My oldest brother wrestled there as did I. Senior year he was 49-0 Got sick in Champaigne and was coughing blood. A severe case of strep. That was around the time of desegregation. Had to fight just to attend school. Rocks and bottles were flying.
Old 10-07-2010
Varsity

Send a message via AIM to WashingtonWrestler135
washington is getting a better schedule every year with good teams on it to push them and test/get there wrestlers better.....should be a good year for them...i would for sure predict them to be at the top of the MI and the Regional this year again!!!!!!

Last edited by WashingtonWrestler135; 10-07-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: cant spell