Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 12-30-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna View Post
Iím not a fan of any of the teams that placed in this tournament. I am a fan of the concept, to me th integrity for this year might be lost. Should there be an asterisk next to each AA placing them? I understand what a pain it would be for the AA teams to lose these matches for year. Once again the IHSA creates turmoil everywhere it turns. Why move these teams to AA for o e year and move them back to A the next.
Because enrollments fluctuate in growing communities and changing schedules is not the easiest thing to do.

Why be scared of the competition? Coal City will be back in 1A next year along with numerous programs that have had success in 2A over the last 5 years. I would be thrilled to wrestle a quality team like Coal City if I were a coach, what a great measuring stick for the halfway point of the season.
Old 12-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna View Post
itís a class A tournament AA teams shouldnít be involved
Boo hoo. Just wrestle.
Old 12-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling observer View Post
Coal City and Clifton Central are both 2A this year, but next season they will be back to A with the new changes coming. So instead of making them find a new tournament this year and then coming back next season, they let them stay in. As a coach, I support this decision. Congrats to Coal City, and good luck this season.
Replacing a team tournament for an individual tourney nowadays is pretty easy! You get 4 varsity tourneys. Coal City is already in the team tourney at DGS and took 5th this year. Berman, Wheaton Warrenville and Dvorak would of taken the team for one year. So please don't make it a scheduling problem. Heck, They might of been able to get into Dekalb with some of those other 2A teams. Down deep, I don't care they wrestled in the tourney. I just don't like how it is advertised as Class A, then it isn't just class A.

I' ll be cheering for Coal City in Class AA! I really don't want Class A to look a little weak if they lose early!

Last edited by Kimby; 12-30-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-30-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimby View Post
Replacing a team tournament for an individual tourney nowadays is pretty easy! You get 4 varsity tourneys. Coal City is already in the team tourney at DGS and took 5th this year. Berman, Wheaton Warrenville and Dvorak would of taken the team for one year. So please don't make it a scheduling problem. Heck, They might of been able to get into Dekalb with some of those other 2A teams. Down deep, I don't care they wrestled in the tourney. I just don't like how it is advertised as Class A, then it isn't just class A.
They have almost the same lineup as last year when they were in 1A, you're being pedantic.

If anyone should be complaining about classification it should be Coal City since it looks like they would give Aurora Christian a real battle this year, but they aren't. They won't look weak but they do not match up with Washington very well either.

Also, how can you not care "down deep" then take the time to care about posting about it? You just care on the surface?

Last edited by Bobby Bottleservice; 12-30-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bottleservice View Post
They have almost the same lineup as last year when they were in 1A, you're being pedantic.

If anyone should be complaining about classification it should be Coal City since it looks like they would walk to a 1A title this year, but they aren't. They won't look weak but they do not match up with Washington very well either.

Also, how can you not care "down deep" then take the time to care about posting about it? You just care on the surface?
I guess, I care about the tourney stating only Class A.
Old 12-30-2018
TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:

If anyone should be complaining about classification it should be Coal City since it looks like they would walk to a 1A title this year, but they aren't. They won't look weak but they do not match up with Washington very well either.

I don't think walk away with a 1A title this year. Defending champs are still there being Aurora Christian
Old 12-30-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge10 View Post
I don't think walk away with a 1A title this year. Defending champs are still there being Aurora Christian
Yes, very true, major oversight on my part, I edited my post, thanks for pointing that out.
Old 12-30-2018
Olympian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimby View Post

I' ll be cheering for Coal City in Class AA! I really don't want Class A to look a little weak if they lose early!
A tournament like Abe's is hard to get into. They have a waiting list. So, I guess for this year it should have said the "mostly" Class A tournament. I will tell my team we really got 14th because 2 teams that placed above us were 2A
Old 12-30-2018
TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Yes, very true, major oversight on my part, I edited my post, thanks for pointing that out.
I agree with the edit. It would be a great dual to see how they would match up
Old 12-31-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling observer View Post
A tournament like Abe's is hard to get into. They have a waiting list. So, I guess for this year it should have said the "mostly" Class A tournament. I will tell my team we really got 14th because 2 teams that placed above us were 2A
Well said, CC has always been at the Rumble and is only going to be in 2A for one year. Whats the issue?
Sponsored Links