Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Freestyle / Greco-Roman

Old 04-25-2019
Banned

I notice the "little fists" comments got you all fired up. I will continue my miserable existence while you struggle to reach the pedals, have your husband open pickle jars for you and get denied access to all the rides at amusement parks. Now go on and tell us how you're a big boy. You're the biggest boy ever.
Old 04-26-2019
Junior Varsity

Alright back to the wrestling talk. Is anyone on this forum actually going to greco state? I'll be there cheering on my kid and his teammates.
Old 04-26-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossNoises View Post
Greco is awful to watch even if the two guys are world class. They just can't hack it in freestyle or they would do that. It's the minor leagues of wrestling for sure. Would like to see beach wrestling take it over. It's killing our sport. Nobody wants to watch two below average wrestlers hold hands and rub boobies.
You sound like a complete ignorant dumbass!
Old 04-26-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Campbell View Post
It didn't even take 15 minutes. You definitely have got to find a hobby. I just have to laugh at you and shake my head. I know everyone who reads this probably thinks the same. I would like to say more but I will take the high road and let you post more negative comments. The NFL draft is on. So are the Yankees, the NBA Playoffs and plenty of US Open matches on Flo. The local fitness center is probably still open as well as your local taverns. Live a little.
Gross can be negative but you have to admit he writes things in a comical way. I don't have a problem with it, take a deep breathe and don't take things personal. I would rather read Gross than watch the NBA finals or the NFL draft. To each his own I guess.
Old 04-26-2019
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo1 View Post
You sound like a complete ignorant dumbass!
Can you explain to me how greco is not the most boring form of wrestling? I'm even including thumb wrestling. Now leave your feelings at the door because I can tell your blood pressure is rising and I am ruining your Friday, but there has to be a reason no one in this country really cares about greco. It's boring, the rules change constantly because it is a complete eye sore. The turn out for greco state will be much lower and those who are gunning for it are simply gunning for an easier route to a world team. Now don't point me in the direction of a highlight film. It's sad you have to wade through 9 minutes of aggressive hugging to get to a 1 second throw. Boring. Greco is more boring than Earl Campbell's Thursday nite.
Old 04-26-2019
Olympian

Not that I'm interested...

As Hannibal Lector would say: You're very frank, GrossNoises. I think it would be quite something to know you in private life.

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon
Old 04-26-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Can you explain to me how greco is not the most boring form of wrestling? I'm even including thumb wrestling. Now leave your feelings at the door because I can tell your blood pressure is rising and I am ruining your Friday, but there has to be a reason no one in this country really cares about greco. It's boring, the rules change constantly because it is a complete eye sore. The turn out for greco state will be much lower and those who are gunning for it are simply gunning for an easier route to a world team. Now don't point me in the direction of a highlight film. It's sad you have to wade through 9 minutes of aggressive hugging to get to a 1 second throw. Boring. Greco is more boring than Earl Campbell's Thursday nite.
Bad Greco wrestling might seem boring. However, if you really understand the art of our sport, from positioning, to mat strategy, to the intricacies of the 7 basic skills (which I suspect you might not), then good Greco wrestling is every bit as exciting to watch as any other style. Have you ever been to Fargo and watched the skill an abilities of many of the top Greco wrestlers who compete at Fargo? Have you been to the World or Olympic team trials and really watched Greco. If you have an you still think it's boring, I think that says more about you then it does about the style.

Trust me......I get your schtick. You're like the middle school kid who tries to be extra obnoxious just to get attention. Sure, the hand in the arm pit fart noises are cute and get attention from the peanut gallery, but it also gets old really fast. I'm good with you because I somewhere down the line you will either: a) start expressing some intelligent ideas in a way that actually generates some interesting conversation, b) will be banned by one of the moderators for your buffoonery, c) will get bored and just decide to go away, or d) be ignored by everybody due to your predictability which will lead you to go find another place to get your kicks trying to stir up $h!+. Kind of hoping it's 'a', but one way or another, time will take care of it.

Good day and elbows in, sir.
Old 04-26-2019
Varsity

[QUOTE=GrossNoises;554388]Can you explain to me how greco is not the most boring form of wrestling?

2018 Schoolboy Greco National Champs
2018 Cadet Greco National Champs
2018 Junior Greco Nationals Champs

That's how boring it is.
Old 04-26-2019
Banned

The greco skills of the folkstyle-centric kids wrestling in Fargo is horrible. Those kids are there because they would not be able to make it to Fargo in freestyle because they are either less experienced or talented. I know this is Illinois and we take pride in our success in an archaic style that we are light years behind the rest of the world in. The truly elite kids win this style in spite of their lack of attention spent on it. They also give it up until they realize their time is up as an elite freestyle wrestler, see Dan Dennis and Mason Manville.

I think greco should be done away with so we can get more weight classes for freestyle (actual wrestling) in the Olympics. Whenever I need fall asleep quickly I put on that horrid Paulson and Hall match that included an overtime featuring 10 minutes of grinding genitals so they could go on to not place in the Olympics. I believe the loser died due to boredom and the tragic realization that he dedicated his life to something so unnecessary.
Old 04-26-2019
Banned

[QUOTE=No BS fan;554392]
Quote:
Can you explain to me how greco is not the most boring form of wrestling?

2018 Schoolboy Greco National Champs
2018 Cadet Greco National Champs
2018 Junior Greco Nationals Champs

That's how boring it is.
Is this seriously a response? You are the most unintentionally hilarious person ever. No way you have 2 eyebrows.
Sponsored Links