Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 12-16-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc club coach View Post
Itís too bad our state officials didnít make attending The Ironman easier for individuals and not costing the entire team a tournament. The talent level is amazing. Props to all that attended.
I agree. A lot of coaches would send 1 or 2 kids if they could. How do we get this rule changed?
Old 12-16-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETOFFYOURHIP View Post
I agree. A lot of coaches would send 1 or 2 kids if they could. How do we get this rule changed?
Maybe I am wrong, but could it not technically become easier to do this if the current proposal passes in regards to just having a certain amount of DATES for wrestling, instead of getting 4 tournaments and 21 dual meets?
Sure, teams would still have to count something like the Ironman as a "date", even if they send only a couple of kids. But, it seems like it may be a way to work that into a schedule a little easier
Old 12-16-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burk View Post
Maybe I am wrong, but could it not technically become easier to do this if the current proposal passes in regards to just having a certain amount of DATES for wrestling, instead of getting 4 tournaments and 21 dual meets?
Sure, teams would still have to count something like the Ironman as a "date", even if they send only a couple of kids. But, it seems like it may be a way to work that into a schedule a little easier
I haven't seen that proposal. Can you point me in the right direction so I can take a look at it and dissect it?
Old 12-16-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETOFFYOURHIP View Post
I haven't seen that proposal. Can you point me in the right direction so I can take a look at it and dissect it?
https://www.ihsa.org/NewsMedia/Annou...o-Schools.aspx

Proposal 18
Old 12-16-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burk View Post
After reading the proposal, I think you are correct. You would be able to schedule as many tournaments as you want. I hope this passes.
Old 12-16-2019
Varsity

I agree with the original poster, this should be an awake up call for Illinois. Illinois didnít wrestle well. I watched a lot of it, and more than I would have liked.

Some of the things I took away..

- Our hand fighting sucks...These East Coast kids were much more physical and tougher this weekend. They seemed to get to their good spots and position and we were outmatched.

MTC looked tough on top which was a nice takeaway.

- Montini hammers can hang with top guys in the country.

- Marmion only 6 guysÖ What happened to that program.

- Who dropped the ball on scheduling? The California kids should have been there.

Prep Schools
Old 12-17-2019
Junior Varsity

Montini lost quite a few 1 pt matches in the quarters and semi's. Izzy will fix that. Still the best team in ILL
Old 12-17-2019
Double stud

This group of IL guys was not as dominant nationally at the youth levels as the last group that is in college now. Youth domination was solidly east coast with this group, so the results are not surprising.

Montini did their annual 3rd-5th so that looked fine. Mt Carmel guys will do fine this season and will be well prepared for the next level. Don't know much about Marmion's situation.
Old 12-17-2019

Ironman

Montini was not tough enough looked like they got bullied in 126 semifinal and others. Marmion should benefit from the new passed proposal because they only have a couple kids that can go compete there. Hopefully Illinois will compete better in future.
Old 12-17-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestler86 View Post
Montini was not tough enough looked like they got bullied in 126 semifinal and others. Marmion should benefit from the new passed proposal because they only have a couple kids that can go compete there. Hopefully Illinois will compete better in future.
Newbie, are you sure your in right forum ? The kid lost by 1 or 2 pts to the #3 ranked wrestler in the nation (I believe). Sure sounds like he is Mr Glass to me. Newbie, you sure are funny. But man those Marmion kids they are as tough as nails.
Sponsored Links