Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 02-07-2019
eazymoney

re-entry at State Farm Center

With the full wrestle backs this year am I safe in assuming that fans who go to the class 1A first round will have to remain in the building the entire time from Noon until 6:45? If they leave will they have to pay to get in again? Seems like an awful long time to wait around to watch your kid wrestle again.
Old 02-07-2019
Junior Varsity

$ $$$ is all they want. A few years ago when the IHSA State tournament ticket prices for all sessions were $50, Cheapest hotel I could find was $25. Same year big tens in Champaign. Tickets were $40 all session and cheapest hotel was $75. Price hiking is something that the City of Champaign and IHSA has been doing for years for the State Tournament. They both know that Champaign in the only place that can host this tournament that is not north of I-80. I really love the Assembly Hall/State Farm Center for this tournament but the IWCOA has raised this issue multiple times with IHSA and nothing has been done about this.
Old 02-10-2019
Varsity

This is the response I got when I emailed the IHSA:

On Thursday only, fans who leave the State Farm Center will be able to re-enter later that day/evening.

They must have their ticket scanned on the way out so the system knows it can accept that same ticket when the person re-enters.

Again, this is for Thursday only.
Old 02-11-2019
Varsity

Not sure why they didn't do it but it would have been easier to just wrestle the first round of wrestlebacks right after the 1st round then you don't have to worry about scanning your ticket before you leave. This way they could go back the the normal schedule for Friday.
Old 02-11-2019
Olympian

They are not wrestling any wrestlebacks on Thursday. Part of the agreement to go double elimination is that no-one would be eliminated on the 1st day. They did not want a bunch of parents booking hotels for only one night and not going to the local restaurants a second day.
Old 02-11-2019
Varsity

Condor......I can understand that so why don't they wrestle the Quarterfinals right after the 1st round? It makes sense so people don't have to come back that evening. But then again IHSA wouldn't do something that makes sense.
Old 02-11-2019
Olympian

You just answered your own question.
Old 02-11-2019
Viking 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDOR View Post
You just answered your own question.
Not really. No one gets eliminated in quarterfinals. I think the question is about timing:
Why separate the rounds for people to have to leave and then come back. Which I can understand.
Old 02-12-2019
Olympian

Because then the 2A and 3A people will complain that they weighed in at 10:30 a.m. and did not wrestle until ........................
Old 02-12-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDOR View Post
Because then the 2A and 3A people will complain that they weighed in at 10:30 a.m. and did not wrestle until ........................
Easy fix. Weigh in A at 9 or 10 am. Start A at 11 am wrestling. Run two rounds back to back on 6 mats, this will go fast. Letís say AA comes in to weigh in at 12 or 1 pm. Begins wrestling at 2 or 3 pm. 3a comes in at 3 or 4 pm to weigh in. Starts wrestling at 5 or 6 pm. Make it more average fan friendly. In the arena with your program for around 3/4 hours. For us super fans I love the new schedule. More wrestling. Just hard with average fans or families with children to leave and comeback. Or stay and try to entertain all day and evening. But this is new for the IHSA , who is doing this to appease the masses with double elimination. So we should give them a break.

Good luck. Letís wrestle
Sponsored Links