Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > Shannon's Blog

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2008
Wrestling Media

Curiousity kills

I am curious to know how the newspapers that cover your wrestling teams -- whether daily papers, near-daily or weekly -- cover wrestling.

For writeups, are there full stories or more often short briefs that hit the highlights? Does your paper do rankings, assuming it's in a big enough market (use the nearest daily paper to you if your team is also covered by a weekly or bi-weekly).

For agate, what does your paper run? If they do full boxes, how do they set them up?

And, of course, I'd like to know how well your paper does it. Are their printed results accurate? Are they just short of the mark, or do they miss the mark completely?

This isn't just for the QC readers I have; I have a pretty good idea how the daily papers cover wrestling here. I'd like to know how wrestling is handled statewide.

Thanks in advance for your help. Please leave comments here.

One more thing: I'm looking for the best way to reach Dixon's and Rock Falls' coaches. Please PM with that information if you have insights; serious inquiries only, please.

Again, thanks for reading!
Shannon

Last edited by Timesfreelanceguy; 11-30-2008 at 12:03 AM. Reason: putting out another question