Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012
Wrestling Media

Play nice boys....
Old 01-27-2012
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoulda_Woulda_Coulda View Post
Well Rundell's father is still listed as a coach for the Arlington Cardinals this season and that is his affiliation for his IKWF coaches card as well. So it is awfully nice of him to commute all the way up to Arlington Heights to help them out like that.

Actually, (I heard this but have to admit I have no actual proof) that whatever they leased to establish residency has already be sublet to another occupant. If this is true they are only "laying their heads down at night" in Oak Park if they are pitching a tent.
Wrong again! I love how you want to anonymously spread rumors. So if his dad coached at Little Huskies next year, then that is where he truly lives. How about if he coaches with Villa-Lombard? You do not know what you are talking about. Nobody is going to discuss their personal life with Mr. Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda on a forum, but let's have fun. I heard Rundell actually lives in Wasco, CA. I saw him wearing one of their shirts the other day. I heard the dad has multiple residencies for his multiple personalities. I heard that the Rundell kid is not even the real Rundell. Nope, it is a 45 year old man wrestling under an assumed name. And Twist watches on.......
Old 01-27-2012
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingthedream View Post
And Rundell wrestled for Arlington Cardinals as well. Not sure about 8th grade but b4 that I know he did.
He wrestled for the Fenwick Falcons, Chicago Wolves Den, then the Little Huskies, then the Bakersfield Drillers, The Wasco Tigers, Monster Garage and finally the Arlington Cardinals-moving to each new town. He also wrestled briefly for Overtime when he moved there.
Old 01-27-2012
Varsity

I dont know if meant this to be a question about recruiting and I guess that it has to be part of the conversation. Did it take 15 years to get the kids program good enough to win at the high school level or is their success really based on guys wanting to wrestle for Oak Park.
Old 01-27-2012
Junior Varsity

In response to:

"Wrong again! I love how you want to anonymously spread rumors. So if his dad coached at Little Huskies next year, then that is where he truly lives. How about if he coaches with Villa-Lombard? You do not know what you are talking about. Nobody is going to discuss their personal life with Mr. Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda on a forum, but let's have fun. I heard Rundell actually lives in Wasco, CA. I saw him wearing one of their shirts the other day. I heard the dad has multiple residencies for his multiple personalities. I heard that the Rundell kid is not even the real Rundell. Nope, it is a 45 year old man wrestling under an assumed name. And Twist watches on....... "

Sir,

My statements were never intended to be an "attack" against you or your family. You have to do what is in your best interest(s). I was speaking to the overall environment of what is happening at OPRF and why they have had a recent/rapid growth in success starting around the time the Dardanes bros. transferred; along with other factors such as Coach Powell and the growth of the Little Huskies program.

But you don't help the appearance of things when you go on a far-fetched tirade against my assertions. You never once, though could have (which is what I would have done), stated that my statements are BS... I own/rent an apartment/house in OP or RF and we ACTUALLY LIVE there. And I and my other children are still a part of the Arlington Cardinals organization because I find that club to be a superior environment for us compared to the Little Huskies club which is closest to where we live. It is as simple as you love the HS program but just aren't satisfied with the youth program, right?
Old 01-27-2012
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TWISTER View Post
They hired Mike Powell and got the Dardanes twins to transfer from Fenwick and they were on the map.

According to their website oprf went down state in 2006. Three years before the Dardanes transferred. I think only half of your statement is correct.
Old 01-27-2012
Owner/Webmaster

This thread is going in the wrong direction. If you want discuss OPRF without throwing out unproven accusations/rumors, start a new thread.
Old 01-27-2012
Super Moderator

I have been around for a long time. I will tell you what I see. Coach Powell, in particular, and his staff are passionate about wrestling. They open their room to anybody in the off season, and they don't charge anything for it. Kids from come from all over the suburbs in the off season to wrestle in the room. You can't help but catch the excitement and the passion being in the room. Many parents/kids are not happy in their present situations. Oak Park is a great place to live. I know parents who have confided in me that they did/have/may consider moving to Oak Park because it is a great school district and they like the program. These people were not approached by Coach Powell. Coach Powell does not promote his program in the off season, he promotes Illinois wrestling. There are many school districts in close proximity to Oak Park that are not so great places to go to school. People are attracted to a good thing.

As for any woulda, shoulda coulda rumors, this forum is not a rumor mill. Any speculation based on hearsay and innuendos does not belong here. I happen to know a bit about at least one situation, and I can unequivocally say that the hearsay is off base.

As for the history of OPRF, they have building a good thing for at least a decade. Go back and look at the brash predictions by some fired up wrestlers from about ten years ago. They didn't accomplish what they boasted about then, but Coach Powell clearly lit a fire and got them believing in themselves, and the program has continued to grow since then. The Coleman brothers and other lesser known names of wrestlers who accomplished a lot all came out of the community. The Dardanes were, perhaps, the first to "move "in; and they clearly didn't like what was going on at Fenwick, wrestled in the OPRF room in the offseason, and found their home. Other are following suit now, but it is only in the last several years.

Last edited by Jaguar; 01-27-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-27-2012
Wrestling Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrat7 View Post
According to their website oprf went down state in 2006. Three years before the Dardanes transferred. I think only half of your statement is correct.
I believe the Dardenes were on the state championship team in 2009. It was then that they became a state AND national team; when the Dardanes brothers were wrestling for them. I stand by my post.

Last edited by MR TWISTER; 01-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread