Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 01-12-2016

Illuminati
Old 01-12-2016
Coach

Really?

You think someone truly has nothing better to do than to rig the IHSA Class 2A team state series? Get real and get on with the conspiracy theories, no one is wanting to hear the bull crap.
Old 01-12-2016
Crystal Lake

The folks who were in the same AA sectional as Montini over the years know how LWW feels... The alphabet lottery!
Old 01-13-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assembly of Dust View Post
If his isn't redrawn. Craig needs to go!
Craig is going, as least as far as wrestling goes. I am pretty sure the Executive Director is not in charge of any sports or activities. Will be interesting to see who gets assigned to wrestling.
Old 01-13-2016
Varsity

The IHSA is trying to crown a state champion! Not a runner-up or 3rd or 4th. Its the same for every sport not just wrestling
Old 01-13-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrin wrestling View Post
The IHSA is trying to crown a state champion! Not a runner-up or 3rd or 4th. Its the same for every sport not just wrestling
I agree. However, would you enjoy watching a game between the Cleveland Browns or the Tennessee Titans and the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl? I think the thing that people want to see is the best two teams wrestle each other in the State Finals. I know there will be conversation about not always knowing who the best 2 teams are in a division, and that is true sometimes, but more often than not we know who the top 2 teams are and even furthermore knowing who the top 3 or 4 teams are. It will always be a flawed system, but there are some things that can easily be done to get it closer to what it should be.

Last edited by Central IL Guy; 01-13-2016 at 02:38 PM. Reason: submitted too quickly
Old 01-13-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrin wrestling View Post
And don't forget, the IHSA works for us (I don't mean wrestling, just schools in general), so we as wrestling have to do a better job selling our case to our schools and school officials to make the right changes!
Old 01-13-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assembly of Dust View Post
I heard this is an inside screw job? How can the pairings come out before all the host schools are named? If I was at LWW I would be pretty mad. Another great one by the IHSA.
I don't know about an inside screw job, but the winter bracket drawing results shouldn't be released until all Regional hosts are set. It could allow a team who was maybe interested in hosting a Regional or not interested in hosting a Regional insert or withdraw their name to change their position in the team bracket.
Old 01-13-2016
Crystal Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
I don't know about an inside screw job, but the winter bracket drawing results shouldn't be released until all Regional hosts are set. It could allow a team who was maybe interested in hosting a Regional or not interested in hosting a Regional insert or withdraw their name to change their position in the team bracket.
If Geneseo had chosen to host, they would have created a situation that would make it much more difficult for them to go to state. By not hosting, they have an easier path.
Old 01-13-2016
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central IL Guy View Post
And don't forget, the IHSA works for us (I don't mean wrestling, just schools in general), so we as wrestling have to do a better job selling our case to our schools and school officials to make the right changes!
You're more than a little bit off on that one. The IHSA DOES NOT work for us. The only people who have influence over the IHSA are member HS principals. And, as a rule, HS principals do not care about the things that are being debated on these message boards. The wrestling advisory committee is the only ones who can really influence anything to benefit our sport. And all they can do is make recommendations. They do not make ANY decisions.
Sponsored Links