Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Job Openings

Old 09-06-2016
Varsity

F-T Sub/Coaching Stipend Available - Batavia

Batavia Public Schools currently has 2 full-time subbing positions available for the current 2016-17 school year:
1 at the Middle School and 1 at the High School.

A middle school coaching stipend for the 2016-17 season is also available to the right candidate.

Interested candidates should contact BHS Head Wrestling Coach, Scott Bayer: scott.bayer@bps101.net.

To be eligible, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree and must register with district.

*You don't necessarily have to be a full-time sub to coach*

Last edited by BayerWrestling; 09-08-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-07-2016
Varsity

Stay away from anything Batavia. Simply, most arrogant and most reprehensible behavior ever seen from this school district, youth clubs towards people who don't drink the Bulldog kool aid crap ....self appointed greatness to a culture of jerks is who they are. Sorry Mr. Bayer but you are in a culture where you have allowed jerk parents, yes you have personally failed in the past in handling things properly, and HS peers to create a bad name. Will proclaim this to my last breath with current regime.
Old 09-07-2016
Just a Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toohonest View Post
Stay away from anything Batavia. Simply, most arrogant and most reprehensible behavior ever seen from this school district, youth clubs towards people who don't drink the Bulldog kool aid crap ....self appointed greatness to a culture of jerks is who they are. Sorry Mr. Bayer but you are in a culture where you have allowed jerk parents, yes you have personally failed in the past in handling things properly, and HS peers to create a bad name. Will proclaim this to my last breath with current regime.
I don't know if you are aware of what you are saying is true, but it is not. I coached at Batavia (with Bayer) and I can honestly say it was the most rewarding time of my coaching career. They were the first ones who brought me into the HS coaching community with a gig and I have nothing but love and respect for the program and what Coach Bayer and the staff has done with the program and putting it on the map again. And if you have a problem with it, Privately talked to them about it, instead of blasting them on the boards like a child. That is all.
Old 09-07-2016
Varsity

Quote:
Any examples to back up your complaints? Or did you kid not make a team and you have sour grapes?
Old 09-08-2016
Varsity

Quote:
First, who'da thought a job posting would see this much venom?

"Toohonest", you seem sensitive and hurt. I'm a teacher and so I'm sensitive to that. So I'll be the first to admit that I'm not without failures. That said, I'm pretty damn proud of our kids (at every level), our coaches (at every level), our parents and volunteers (at every level), our Club, our schools' leadership and of the program and wrestling family we're trying to build here. I'd submit to you that Batavia is a great town exactly BECAUSE of the people who live here.

As a former *and current* heavyweight, I have pretty thick skin, but you're not going to publicly get away with ripping people I consider an extended family without my sticking up for them.

Admittedly, your "proclamation" raised my eyebrow, but I'll defer to Mark Twain's advice: "Never argue with a fool [in particular, one who happens to hide behind his anonymity on an online discussion board], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

As an aside, thanks for the messages about the open position everyone, I'll reach out this weekend sometime.

Coach Bayer
Old 09-08-2016
double down

Having coached against Coach Bayer for 4 years, I can say that he runs nothing but a first class program. It is very easy to take kids who have experience and let their egos and attitudes dictate what they can do, but it is quite evident that his wrestlers know they only get what they earn every day.

I teach and coach in a Title 1 school, it would be the cowardly and easy way out to say look at batavia, blah blah blah, but it wouldn't be right or true.

We do say look at batavia, but its about their commitment and unity as a team. Every year at frosh soph regionals I point out how many guys Bayer has there every year.

I know that any seeding meeting I have gone to with Scott, he will be honest and true no matter which school a wrestler is from.

but hey thats cool, take a cheap shot, its the easy way out
Old 09-08-2016

Tooweak!

Quote:
TooHonest? Not really that honest, you don't even have a real profile except an IKWF parent coach (a title that scares any real coach). Let me guess, you sucked as a wrestler and you want to live vicariously through your son? But alas, he is still too novice and you blame everyone but yourself and your genes? No one else would bad mouth a team on a message board (although you have done this before to Batavia on this site, yea I checked you out), especial when all Batavia is trying to do is give someone a chance to give back to the sport they love, but you, well your showing your class (or lack there of).

Coach Scott Bayer is nothing but class. His high school coach is an Illinois HOFer and so is the coach he worked with before he got a chance to take over. He has learned a few things about classy coaching obviously. He also was a high school state qualifier back when it was a heck of a lot harder and was even a college All-American! You don't succeed like that without a little bit of class.

Is there one jerk parent in every program, yes. Wrestling is a high pressured sport that sometimes brings out the worse in people, you should know, your the one on your son's team. You obviously don't like Batavia, OK. I hate Iowa, because my college team took 2nd in the nation to them but I never bad mouthed Gable or any of his guys on the team. I also still hate Conant because they were our high school's biggest rival, but instead of bad mouthing people, I would beat their wrestlers all the time. Also I made sure everyone knew who I was, so who are you? Everyone is standing up for Coach Bayer and the whole Batavia program and we have no problem letting people know who we are. I'm the greatest teammate he has ever had! I was a college coach and currently am a head coach for a prevailing team in Colorado. I know wrestling and class, toohonest, you do not. So who are you that is proclaiming while hiding behind your computer? Toohonest, no sir, your tooweak...
Old 09-24-2016
Varsity

Been away on travel working. Good to know Mr. B has a great support group. He needs it living in Batavia dealing with the club idiots and stipend driven coaches he has to deal with on a daily basis. Coach, I stand by my comment...it's not an attack on you but until you weed out the truly ignorant disrespectful people who represent you...you are responsible since its "your" program. And to the people who don't live in Batavia and have dealings with these folk. And if you don't live in Batavia than you have simply and luckily have no clue to what I'm talking about. I don't go to your work and tell you how to "do your job"...so don't tell what I know, see and hear. Their is a realsoj my moniker was chosen for me...best of luck to most all...
Old 09-24-2016
Varsity

Oh btw...I was D1 athlete, professionally trained, family for generations served in the military, fought wars, my son is national wrestler who does quite well. And I coach see hover over my boys...Intrain them and they do what they do...win and lose. But thanks for the assumption I'm like most wanna be never was's trying to re live their glory through Johhny and who won't make past middle school sports.
Sponsored Links

Tags
batavia, coaching, high school, job, middle school