Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 02-01-2019

Same tricks as last time they met I'm assuming. Tricks that worked so well. Please. Nobody will touch us on our way to 4 straight. Have a great day and give your kid a hug.
Old 02-01-2019
Varsity

I dont know what kind of "tricks" Coal City has... but I know that Washington left points out there on the 113 and 160 matches and I think CC left points out there on 106 and 152. The 285 match could of went either way. These are the things that can make or break a duel. Regardless it was a fun duel and when you throw Lemont, CLC and Marian in the mix in Bloomington it will get even more interesting
Old 02-01-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8Pride View Post
I dont know what kind of "tricks" Coal City has... but I know that Washington left points out there on the 113 and 160 matches and I think CC left points out there on 106 and 152. The 285 match could of went either way. These are the things that can make or break a duel. Regardless it was a fun duel and when you throw Lemont, CLC and Marian in the mix in Bloomington it will get even more interesting
Good Luck I8, I know the team has been working hard for many years. Keep up the good work. Home grown is the only way to go!
Old 02-23-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stritchjanitor View Post
I think, I would of picked Lemont over Washington. They have some great matchups with them in Lemonts favor. Then a couple injuries will keep it from happening. If they get those wrestlers back, it will be lemonts to lose.
Who was missing?
Old 02-23-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
Who was missing?
the ones that were going to help win the match
Old 02-23-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
Who was missing?

CC was missing Leake at 220 which causes Payton to wrestle at 220 instead of heavy and they put in a backup at heavy. Backup heavy lost in that dual by a close decision. Not sure if that would impact the dual, but perhaps that's who they were referring to. On a side note, in the dual Head only won by a decision against Harvey, but teched him at sectionals.
Old 02-23-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicydrapes View Post
CC was missing Leake at 220 which causes Payton to wrestle at 220 instead of heavy and they put in a backup at heavy. Backup heavy lost in that dual by a close decision. Not sure if that would impact the dual, but perhaps that's who they were referring to. On a side note, in the dual Head only won by a decision against Harvey, but teched him at sectionals.
Throw all the should be's and excuses out of the arena. It's time to get it on. What you have now is your best when it really matters.
Old 02-23-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Campbell View Post
Throw all the should be's and excuses out of the arena. It's time to get it on. What you have now is your best when it really matters.
Exactly. Washington wins by more than 10 this time.
Old 02-23-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deholub23 View Post
Exactly. Washington wins by more than 10 this time.
Washington won big! It was a great day of wrestling. The best take I had from the day was the sportsmanship by all of the wrestlers and fans. That's what this sport should be all about and today the sport shined in Bloomington.

Congratulations to all the kids and coaches who made it to Bloomington. Team State has become my favorite wrestling day of the year.
Old 02-24-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Campbell View Post

Wasn't throwing out any "should be's" and excuses actually. Simply stating that may have been who they were referring to when someone asked who was missing. I give Washington props for their performancel last night. Guys who didn't wrestle so well when the 2 met earlier this year stepped it up last night when needed to
Sponsored Links